FULL TIME TEACHER OF MATHEMATICS
Required for September 2018
Salary - MPS
“This is a good school” – Ofsted Nov 2016
Do you thrive on those lightbulb moments when maths ‘just clicks’ with young people? Do you want to work in a team where everyone else does too? Then we’d love to hear from you, to complement our team of 12 subject specialists.
You will join a close knit team that are achieving special things, with GCSE results well above National, and one that is at the forefront of Mastery work in maths.
If you can:
· Inspire and innovate
· Nurture and develop (yourself as well as others)
· Commit to, and raise further, high achievement and motivation
· Optimise Maths learning for all
Then come and see us. We are looking for potential as much as experience so we welcome applications from ITTs. In return we can offer:
· A supportive learning environment with a team that will make you think every day, with 2 additional timetabled sessions dedicated to your own professional development;
· The opportunity to make a difference to the lives of our young people;
· Happy and enthusiastic students who want to learn in our ‘good’ school;
· The benefit of being part of a multi-academy trust offering the support of experienced colleagues across our schools and greater opportunities for career progression;
· Access to a range of discounts and subsidised rates across the leisure and retail industries via a discount scheme.
For further details please visit our website. Applicants are welcome to visit the school for a tour and to discuss the department/post with either the Headteacher or Curriculum Leader.
Priory School is a mixed 11-16 School with around 1200 students on roll situated in the heart of Southsea. Our pupils come from a very wide range of backgrounds and our community is truly comprehensive, harmonious and dynamic. Priory school is proud to be part of the Bohunt Education Trust. We have been graded as a good school in our latest Ofsted inspection (November 2016).
Priory School Safeguarding Statement:
Priory School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS Disclosure at Enhanced level will be required prior to any offer of employment.
Closing Date: 1st February 2018 (noon)
Interview Date: Week commencing 5th February 2018