Full or part time applications considered.
Applications from NQTs and returners to the profession welcomed.
Maths is a highly valued subject at the College with the experienced team consistently achieving outstanding academic results. Outside of the classroom the team run a successful Maths Scholarship Programme and are committed to working in close partnership with staff at Key Stage 2 to ensure a smooth transition for our students. Students are given opportunities outside of the classroom to develop their enjoyment of the subject, including taking part in the Maths Challenge Programme, along with visits, for example to Bletchley Park. All staff are passionate subject specialists who regularly draw upon each other’s expertise, therefore creating a strong culture of nurture and support within the team. The embedded use of ICT within the curriculum has enabled students to maintain good momentum in their learning and enhanced the delivery of remote learning. This is indicative of the way the team are always looking to develop pedagogy and create innovative ways to teach conceptually difficult mathematical ideas.
Applications are welcomed from either NQTs, who will be well supported by experienced mentors and through our teaching school alliance, or from more experienced candidates where there are exceptional opportunities for further professional development and promotion. We offer candidates the opportunity to teach A level maths through our partner school Harington. The appointed candidate will be joining a strong and supportive team of specialist teachers who take pride in achieving the best outcomes for all students.
There are outstanding facilities throughout, with purpose-built classrooms offering excellent teaching resources and access to numerous iPads, laptops and computers. Catmose College and Harington School are part of the Rutland and District Schools’ Federation, both of which have been graded Outstanding by Ofsted.
Teachers are able to enjoy many additional benefits that come as part of working within the Federation. These include, amongst others:
- Teachers at top of scale may receive up to a 2% pay award annually for good performance.
- Relocation support for hard-to-recruit subjects.
- Vast range of staff training including a funded Master’s scheme through our teaching school.
- Primary, secondary and sixth-form teaching opportunities.
- Staff laptops.
- Priority admission for children of staff to the College and Primary.
- Flexible working; part-time and a job share considered.
- A broad range of opportunities to engage in extracurricular trips and activities.
- A subsidised restaurant, refectory and orangery.
- Complimentary lunch on staff training days.
- Cycleshare scheme salary sacrifice for bike purchases.
- Free parking.
- Complimentary flu vaccination.
- Holidays outside of the usual term-time pattern, including a two-week autumn break and an early summer.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and welcome applications from candidates looking for a variety of flexible working arrangements including, but not limited to part-time working and a job share.
The Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all students in our care and expects all staff to share this commitment. All staff are responsible for ensuring safeguarding, health and safety policies are implemented in line with Federation policy and current legislation. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. We are an equal opportunities employer.
For information on visiting our site during the pandemic, please visit our website: http://www.catmosecollege.com/covid/. You may also view the online Catmose College prospectus here: https://www.catmosecollege.com/online-prospectus/
If you have any questions regarding the role, please contact Andrew Ward, the Team Leader for maths, he may be contacted via email: email@example.com.
If you are a forces veteran, we would welcome your application.
HOW TO APPLY
Application forms and information are available online at www.rutlandfederation.com or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You should write a letter of application on no more than 2 sides of A4.
- You should complete all sections of the application form.
- On the form clearly state the names, addresses, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of two professional referees; it is our usual practice to ask for references before shortlisting and always to ask for references before interviews.
- It is a condition of employment that you have a successful DBS check made and can provide proof of identity and qualifications gained.
Please note that due to the high number of applications we receive for positions, your application is unlikely to be considered if you do not follow these requirements. CVs are not accepted.
Closing date 12 noon on Thursday 25 February 2021.
You should send your application to Stuart Williams, Executive Principal, Catmose College, Huntsmans Drive, Oakham, Rutland, LE15 6RP. Applications can also be emailed to email@example.com.
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years