Teacher of Maths (MPS1 to 6)
Required for Spring 2017
The St Lawrence Academy is a small-oversubscribed academy for 11-16 year old boys and girls of all abilities, we currently have a roll of 750. We serve a diverse community in Scunthorpe, North Lincolnshire. Ofsted stated that we continue to be a good academy (June 2016). Our recent SIAMs inspection (April 2016) rated us as outstanding in all areas. We are an inclusive academy striving to meet the needs of all our learners in our caring environment. We welcome students from all backgrounds and faiths, regardless of ability. We are sponsored by the Diocese of Lincoln and have a strong Christian ethos and we are an equal opportunities employer.
At the academy, we want all students to feel included and be inspired to develop their talents - whatever they may be. We offer a broad balanced curriculum and an environment for learning which inspires our students to do their very best. This is what we expect.
The Maths Department at the academy is both supportive of its staff and ensures that students make excellent progress. There are a variety of different opportunities and responsibilities within the department to help with your continuing professional development. For the Class of 2017, 58% of students achieved a strong pass (Grade 5) or better with the department being a strong contributor to the Academy Progress 8 score.
Our students are excellent ambassadors for the academy and are proud to wear our uniform and be part of our aspirations for their future. We want them to be determined to succeed, confident in their abilities and fully involved in the life of the academy, the local community and beyond.
We are looking for a person who:
● Is an outstanding, well qualified and enthusiastic Teacher of Maths
● Has experience in teaching Maths, across both Key Stages
● Demonstrates excellent subject knowledge
● Demonstrates a clear commitment to raising achievement
● Is passionate about making a difference to the lives of young people
● Is well organised, inspirational, ambitious and hard working as well as committed to high standards
● Is able to assist the Subject Leader in leading, managing and developing Maths across the academy
● Has excellent communication skills
● Has the ability to meet deadlines
● Has flexibility, vision and commitment
● Is an outstanding classroom practitioner
We can offer:
● A dedicated and enthusiastic team of teachers and support staff
● 2 year Key Stage 3 curriculum and 3 year Key Stage 4 curriculum
● An excellent reputation in the local community
● A CPD programme for all staff
● Superb facilities and new resources
● Aspirational and hard working students
● Strong parental engagement
● Pastoral and extra curricular opportunities
● Department meeting time and CPD time during the academy day
● High standards and expectations
● Access to a laptop
● Access to documents from home via Google documents
This post would suit:
● An NQT as Maths is a strong department with support available
● An experienced teacher wishing to join our team of fantastic staff
The academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to enhanced DBS checks and satisfactory references, including your suitability to work with students. Applications will only be considered from individual applicants on our standard application form, and not via CV alone or agencies
To apply please download and complete the application form from our website and submit to Lorna Johnson, PA to the Senior Leadership Team, to email@example.com . For further information visit our website www.tsla.co.uk , alternatively please contact Lorna Johnson on 01724 842447 or via email.
If you would like to discuss any of the roles please contact The Principal, Mike Adnitt on 01724 842447 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date : Friday 17th November 2017 9am
Interviews W/C 27th November 2017