Westfield School, an 11-16 comprehensive secondary with over 1,170 students, is on the cusp of achieving great things.
It joined Chorus Education Trust in 2018 and welcomed a new Headteacher, who has been working with staff to raise aspirations and provide the very best teaching for students. Within two years the school has become oversubscribed for places in Year 7.
Formerly a sports college, the schools sits in generous grounds in the south-east of Sheffield not far from the M1 motorway. The modern building has the full range of educational resources, as well as a gym and indoor pool (available free to staff).
Westfield School is part of Chorus Education Trust, and as such all appointees may be required to work at any Trust site in the future.
You can view the school website at: www.westfield-chorustrust.org
Teacher of Maths
Payscale M1 – UPS3
To start: September 2021
About this vacancy
Are you the character we are looking for?
• Are you an outstanding teacher of Maths?
• Are you looking for the chance to make a long-lasting difference?
• Do you want to join a committed team of subject specialists?
• Do you want to work as part of a growing Trust that cherishes both aspiration and inclusion?
Then you could be the missing ingredient in our story!
Westfield School is seeking to appoint a Teacher of Maths. We are happy to receive applications from teachers with varying degrees of experience – from NQTs through to seasoned educators. We are seeking someone who is passionate about engaging all our students in this subject, committed to delivering well planned and inspirational lessons to help our students make excellent progress.
The successful candidate will:
• Be creative, motivational and effective classroom practitioner.
• Be able to inspire, challenge and motivate young people.
• Be reflective and analytical about their classroom practice.
• Be engaged in all aspects of the thriving Maths Faculty.
• CPD support from one of the largest Teaching Schools, the Sheffield Teaching School Alliance, throughout your career.
• Opportunities to develop skills and experience as part of a growing, local Trust.
There will be no need to go elsewhere – your career will flourish with us.
The full application pack is available from www.chorustrust.org/vacancies and completed Chorus Trust application forms are to be sent to Trish Hughes (HR Administrator) at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that CVs and Sheffield City Council/Derbyshire County Council application forms will not be accepted. Applicants are welcome to discuss any aspect of the role with Andy Appleford.
Deadline for applications: 11:59pm on Sunday 18th April 2021
Interviews to be held: week beginning 26th April 2021.
The successful candidate will be required to complete a Disclosure & Barring check in line with the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (ROA) 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 and the Police Act Regulations.
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years