We are keen to appoint a highly motivated, well-qualified and inspirational Maths specialist who is, or has the capacity to become, an outstanding teacher. Our highly successful Maths Department is expanding due to the popularity of our Sixth Form and the successful candidate will have the opportunity to teach up to KS5.
There is no doubt that Alderbrook is acknowledged, both locally and nationally, as a high-performing school. Last year, the SSAT recognised Alderbrook as being in the top 10% of schools nationally for Value Added Progress.
On results alone, our Maths Department has firmly established itself as the highest performing Maths Department in Solihull Borough – an accolade that we are rightly proud of.
Surprisingly however, we pride ourselves in being about so much more than outstanding results. We are a community in every sense of the word.
We are looking for a colleague who:
• is passionate about developing independent, confident learners
• is committed to inclusive education
• can sustain high quality teaching and learning
• demonstrates energy, creativity and commitment
• is willing to actively contribute to all aspects of school life
We are proud to offer:
• interesting, engaging, enthusiastic students who want to learn
• a supportive and inclusive staff and governing body
• a hugely successful, ambitious school - determined to build on the standards we currently achieve
• consistently high GCSE results
• a proven track record in - and full commitment to - the professional development of colleagues
• a well-resourced school with extensive grounds
• a long established record of low staff turnover - our staff love our school!
As part of your application, please share the reasons why your application should be considered and why you wish to work with the students here at Alderbrook.
Application packs are also available from Mrs Anna Whittington at the school, by email or phone.
Tel: 0121 704 2146 x7503
Closing date: 9am Monday 26 February 2018
We can’t wait to hear from you!
The school is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of young people. Any successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS.