The Management Committee of Pinderfields Hospital Pupil Referral Unit is seeking to appoint a full time, permanent Teacher of Mathematics to join the established team from September 2018.
Pinderfields Hospital PRU supports the education of young people (between the ages of 2-19) with a medical need, in a range of settings. We require, from September 2018, an enthusiastic and friendly person who is committed to helping our students succeed and is willing to support the development of a core subject on our secondary site. This role would be perfect for a NQT, or aspirant maths teacher but equally a great opportunity for a talented experienced teacher. It provides a wonderful opportunity for someone to make a difference to a wide range of children and young people of all academic levels, with medical needs. This unique setting enables you to make a difference whilst maintaining a positive work-life balance.
We welcome applications from people who have a natural caring and respectful attitude towards others and who can demonstrate the following:
- an outgoing personality with a calm, sensitive nature and a positive outlook on life
- an outstanding practitioner with a passion for maths, providing stimulating learning opportunities
- an ability to teach across all levels
- an enjoyment, of working with vulnerable young people, with the skills and attributes to build excellent working relationships
- strong classroom management skills and innovative teaching
- an ability to inspire and motivate students and staff to develop their full potential and
- an understanding of the challenges families face and a sensitivity to working with schools to support young people to thrive.
We can offer you:
- a unique opportunity to develop your skills and work to ensure all young children with mental and physical health issues access appropriate education
- experience which will extensively enhance your professional development
- a dedicated team of staff
- experienced and supportive management
- excellent staff wellbeing ethos and
- a high- quality working environment with a calm, welcoming atmosphere.
We strongly advise visiting our provision, to make an appointment or for an informal chat please contact Helen Mumby 01924 298351. Closing date will be 9th March with interviews taking place on 20th March 2018. An enhanced DBS will be required for this role.
For further information please visit: www.wakefield.gov.uk. Alternatively, you can contact the Recruitment Line on 0345 8506506 (typetalk calls welcome) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wakefield Council is wholly committed to ensuring children and young people are fully supported and safe. We are dedicated to the safeguarding of all children and young people whilst promoting their welfare and expect all staff and volunteers to share this responsibility.
Please click here for an application form