The Corsham School Academy Group seeks to appoint an enthusiastic, motivated and inspirational teacher of Maths. The successful candidate will be a dynamic practitioner who models excellent practice, has students’ progress at the forefront of their teaching, will deliver high quality learning experiences for all students and have a willingness to contribute to the extra-curricular life of the school. This is an exciting opportunity to join our wonderful school and would suit an NQT or more experienced teacher to join us and make a significant contribution to our school.
The ideal candidate will:
- be an inspirational and passionate Maths teacher
- be a professional who is able to work in partnership with parents and other stakeholders
- be passionate about raising attainment in a classroom environment with students of all abilities
- be able to show evidence of continually improving the teaching and learning of their subject through schemes of work and extra-curricular activities.
The Corsham School is part of a small Multi Academy Trust serving the market town of Corsham and surrounding villages. It is situated in North Wiltshire, on the outskirts of the Cotswolds, 8 miles from Bath and within easy reach of the M4.
The Corsham School is a ‘Good’ School where ‘Pupils behave well in and out of lessons, are respectful of each other and learn well in a secure, friendly and supportive setting.’ Ofsted Sept 2019
The Corsham School offers:
- Enthusiastic, friendly and hardworking students with excellent attitudes to learning
- A caring and supportive department, staff body and wider school community
- A commitment to professional development and career progression opportunities which is supported by being a member of the Great Western Teaching Alliance
- A full programme of induction and support; we are committed to staff well- being, are a very happy school where staff morale is high.
If you wish to apply for this position, please apply via the application form. A separate letter (no more than 2 sides A4) addressed to the Headteacher should indicate how your qualifications and experience make you a suitable candidate for this post. Please download and complete the Application Form, and return to the school via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 11am, Friday 15 January 2021
The Corsham School Academy Group is committed to safeguarding children and young people. This appointment is subject to the school receiving two satisfactory references, one of which will include your current/last employer. This appointment is also subject to you providing relevant documents to the school proving your legal right to work in the UK, clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service of an enhanced check for regulated activity, and confirmation of your professional qualifications.
On acceptance of a job offer a pre-employment health check will be completed. The appointment is conditional on all of the above checks being satisfactory.
The Corsham School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years