Why apply to be a Teacher of Maths and Economics at Riverside School?
Riverside School opened in September 2012, we have now moved into our new state-of the-art £45m building on the north bank of the Thames with 950 students from Year 7 to 13 in 2018; we will grow to approximately 2000 over the next 5 years, including a large sixth form. This is a great career opportunity to be part of a new and expanding school. It really is a very special place to work and pre-application visits are welcomed.
Our relentless focus on teaching and learning and developing great teachers and leaders is our number one priority. Weekly one-to-one tailored coaching sessions, termly lesson study and a generous time allocation to planning means our teachers are both motivated and highly talented. There is a real sense of passion and determination that students and staff bring to all that they do, making Riverside School a superb place both to learn and to work.
Riverside School achieved a P8 score of +0.92 and is the highest performing school in Barking and Dagenham on all key government measures. We pride ourselves on consistency and academic rigour to enable social mobility.
We are looking to appoint an innovative and conscientious Teacher of Maths and Economics with excellent subject knowledge and the ability to teach KS5 Maths and Economics in our highly successful and collaborative departments.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a passion for Maths and Economics evident in their day to day teaching.
- Show evidence of being, or having the potential to be, an outstanding teacher in the classroom.
- Contribute and show commitment to our innovative and forward thinking department.
- Contribute to intervention programmes.
- Play a full and active role in the life of the school.
- Be a reflective practitioner with focusses on continuous learning and development of practice.
- Want to make a real difference to the lives of all young people
In return, we can offer you:
- A cohesive team of people who believe in working collaboratively; sharing ideas and supporting each other.
- The opportunity to further develop innovative teaching and learning strategies to ensure students achieve excellence.
- Participation in lesson study to provide an opportunity for collaborative planning and the detailed and evaluative analysis of specific pedagogical foci.
- The chance to join a growing school with further opportunities for progression as the school reaches capacity.
- Unrivalled CPDL opportunities to further develop your skills as a classroom practitioner and to develop leadership skills as you progress.
- Spacious well-equipped classrooms.
If you share in our commitment to achieve excellence for all, we want to hear from you.
To find out more about our school please visit http://secondary.riversidecampus.com/.
Visits to the school before application are welcomed.
Please contact Headteacher: Andrew Roberts, on 020 3946 5888 or email email@example.com
Location: Riverside School, Renwick Road, Barking, IG11 0FU
Closing Date: 12 noon on 18th March 2019
Start Date: July or September 2019
Salary: MPS £29,664 - £40,372 or UPS £44,489 - £48,244 (Inner London) - dependent on experience.
Riverside School is committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.