Berwick Academy is looking to appoint an inspirational Maths Teacher.
Berwick Academy is located midway between Edinburgh and Newcastle on the east coast mainline and serves the beautiful coastal community of Berwick upon Tweed in north Northumberland. We are a co-educational academy for pupils aged 13-18, with 540 pupils approx.
We can offer:
- Excellent support with a strong emphasis on CPD
- A friendly school that values teamwork and high achievement in all areas of our work with young people
- A skilled and supportive middle leadership team
- A friendly and welcoming student body
Ideally you will be:
- An enthusiastic and dynamic Maths teacher with a commitment to academic excellence
- Able to teach GCSE and A Level and experience of Further Maths would be useful but not essential.
- Able to demonstrate thorough lesson planning, enthusiastic delivery and detailed assessment
For an application pack, to arrange a visit or an informal chat regarding this post and working at the Academy, please contact Diane Jamieson or Katie Mcwilliams on 0191 267 6555 or 07713 323 792 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Completed application forms should be submitted by 26th February 2018 noon to Diane Jamieson via email.
Interviews will be held week commencing 5th March 2018.
Berwick Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils, and expects all staff, governors and volunteers to share this commitment. You will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Berwick Academy has a policy commitment to equal opportunities and diversity in employment and seeks to ensure no employee or applicant receives less favourable treatment than another. All posts are filled on merit.
Head Teacher – Alexis Widdowson
Berwick upon Tweed