Required: September 2021
Salary: Main Scale / Upper Pay Scale
Join East Anglia’s “State Secondary School of the Year” 2020
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the UK’s leading comprehensive schools, recently ranked third nationally in the Sunday Times’ ParentPower publication. As a result of the continued expansion of the College and particularly a growth in numbers in our outstanding sixth form, we are looking for a passionate and dedicated Teacher of Maths to join our forward-thinking and highly collaborative Maths faculty, part of a unique, dynamic and innovative village college on the edge of Cambridge. NQTs are very welcome, and will be nurtured and developed with an exemplary support package, but we would particularly welcome applications from teachers with at least two years’ experience who are looking for a new challenge and for the support and coaching needed to prepare for middle and senior leadership roles. For the right candidate we can offer:
• £1000 Personal Professional Development Bursary
• Funding and support to complete Masters Level qualification in Educational Leadership and Management or a national leadership development programme
• Coaching from a member of SLT and support to apply for Specialist Leader in Education (SLE) status
• 2 Year Professional Development Programme in Leadership and Management for 2021-2023
• A culture where there is a great deal of internal progression and promotion, as well as numerous opportunities for progression within our growing Trust
Impington Village College has achieved consistently excellent outcomes for the last five years. With a truly comprehensive intake, student progress is regularly in the top 5% of all non-selective schools in the country, and the College has now been voted by the Sunday Times Parent Power as one of the top three comprehensive schools in the UK for two years running. In 2020 it was also voted East Anglia’s State Secondary School of the Year. Student attainment is exceptionally high, with 15% of all grades at Grade 9, 43% at 7-9 (or equivalent) and 85% of grades at 4-9. The College has also received a number of other national accolades, including the Gold Carnegie Medal for its work in supporting mental health and wellbeing, and SSAT Awards for progress, attainment, leadership and curriculum design, as well as the British Council International Schools Award.
Outcomes in Maths are consistently excellent, with 15% of students securing a Grade 9 and nearly 40% achieving Grade 7+. A focus on problem solving and mastery has meant that across our diverse, fully inclusive cohort, over 80% of students achieved a 4+. We also run a highly successful Additional Maths (FSMQ) course as an enrichment opportunity in year 11, and a thriving entry level programme for our SEND students. This post may also offer the opportunity to teach IB Maths in our outstanding sixth form, which is an integral part of the Diploma Programme for all students, and where outcomes are well above the international average. Further Maths A Level is also offered as an extension for our Most Able sixth formers, with an opportunity to teach this available for the right candidate.
The Maths department at IVC offers a range of unique opportunities for professional development. The team are leaders within the local Maths Hub, often hosting workshops, and a number of colleagues are Mastery Specialists and deliver CPD nationally with the NCETM. There will be numerous opportunities to continue developing your teaching practice, through connections with a range of in-house and external CPD programmes. Colleagues in the Maths department have travelled as far afield as Shanghai as part of their CPD. You will be very well supported in the faculty by a number of highly experienced colleagues, including two Specialist Leaders in Education and two Lead Practitioners, and an exceptionally friendly and welcoming team. You are strongly encouraged to visit the department to meet our staff and see the department in action so you can see first-hand what a fantastic opportunity this is.
With your knowledge and passion for Maths you will have the opportunity to build upon the successful curriculum embedded at IVC and deliver a high quality learning experience to our inspirational students.
In return IVC and the Eastern Learning Alliance (ELA) can offer you:
• reduced contact time for all teachers to facilitate professional learning/reduce workload, with a further reduction for new staff as part of our induction programme and an extensive support package for NQTs
• the opportunity to teach all key stages including the International Baccalaureate in our Sixth Form
• the opportunity to work for a faculty where collaboration is a high priority and the programme of professional learning is outstanding
• excellent career pathway opportunities with a culture of looking to promote from within, including responsibility across the Trust
• access to the opportunities created by our well-established Morris Teaching School Alliance, where IVC is the Lead School
• support to undertake a Masters in Education through our links with Cambridge University, the “SUPER Programme” and other L5 accredited providers
• support in an organisation where wellbeing is at the heart of everything we do and which has led to the introduction of a successful wellbeing directory to improve wellbeing and work-life balance
• subsidised access to the ELA’s sports centre leisure facilities available for use before, during and after the school day
The Eastern Learning Alliance is committed to Equal Opportunities and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to employment checks and a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Closing Date: 9am Monday 12 April, interviews Tuesday 13 April
An application pack is available from our website www.impington.cambs.sch.uk. Applicants must complete a College application form - we cannot accept CVs. Potential applicants are strongly encouraged to visit the College or speak with existing staff; please contact our HR Team on email@example.com to arrange a visit.
Impington Village College
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 19 years
Join East Anglia's State Secondary School of the Year 2020
Inclusive, Inspirational, International
Impington Village College is part of the Morris Education Trust and is a comprehensive school like no other. It was originally founded in the lat...