Teacher of Maths
Salary: Main / Upper Pay Scale
Hours: 1 FTE
Contract term: Permanent
Start date: September 2021
Wilsthorpe School is a high-performing academy that is well on the path to becoming an outstanding school. Everyone in the school believes in our journey of improvement and shares common goals. Strong relationships exist between students and staff which are open, warm and friendly and these relationships have led to excellent attitudes to learning.
Wilsthorpe School are looking for an inspirational Teacher of Maths to join their team in September 2021. This role is perfect for an individual who is committed to students’ learning and ensuring they each achieve their full potential by consistently delivering engaging lessons. The successful candidate will join a team of effective, hardworking professionals, committed to providing an outstanding education for all students.
We are looking to appoint a colleague who is an excellent teacher and has the talent, drive and commitment to build on current strong foundations. The ideal candidate will have a real passion for their subject area with the drive to improving the outcomes of students at all key stages. This opportunity would suit an NQT or experienced teacher looking for a new challenge.
Why join us
Our academy is part of The Two Counties Trust. The Trust has a forward-thinking HR strategy with all the professional benefits that this brings for our staff. We make a significant investment in all of our employees to ensure we can recruit and retain the most talented people. We offer:
- Highly competitive pay and pay progression opportunities. Our salaries for leadership and teachers on the Upper Pay Scale and in receipt of a TLR are above national pay scales.
- Free car parking.
- An increasing array of employee benefits and lifestyle options including discounted healthcare, gym membership and extensive high street retail discounts.
- The ability to request flexible working.
- Entry to a career average pension scheme.
- A full induction and a strong commitment to your professional development.
- Opportunities to experience and share practice in our partner schools across the Trust.
- A stimulating, supportive and rewarding working environment with a dedicated team of like-minded professionals; the successful candidate will join an established network of SENCOs across the Trust.
- Excellent opportunities to develop your skills and to progress your career.
The closing date for applications is: Monday 1 March 2021
Interviews will be held on: Week commencing 8 March 2021. Please note this may change due to pending national announcements about reopening of schools.
We are committed to the safeguarding of all children and young people. Any offer of employment will be subject to the receipt of a satisfactory Enhanced DBS disclosure, receipt of references and successful completion of vetting procedures.
We are committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and candidates who meet the minimum job criteria will be given an opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at interview.
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years