Closing Dates: 18th February 2018
Salary: Competitive Salary
Contract type: permanent
Start Date: Sept 2018
Do you want to work in a “good school”… with “outstanding leadership and management at all levels? - Ofsted 2015
The Petchey Academy is currently seeking to appoint dynamic, pioneering and entrepreneurial individuals to work within the Mathematics department
The Subject Area
Mathematics is a high performing and successful subject area within the academy and we look to build on strong results achieved to date.
We offer our students a broad curriculum programme: Additional Mathematics is taught as part of our accelerated pathways for our gifted students; GCSE Statistics is run as an option subject from year 9; and we also offer Functional Skills and Foundation Learning programmes to our small nurture groups for students requiring additional support. Additionally we have a sizeable cohort of students studying both A-Level Mathematics and Further Mathematics in our University Gateway (sixth form provision).
This role represents a superb career opportunity for a candidate who is well-organised, willing to ‘go the extra mile’ and who will be focused on the attainment of their students accepting no excuse for underachievement.
We are looking for:
· A Qualified teacher who can teach across all key stages and who has excellent subject knowledge
· A committed practitioner, who will want to attain the highest standards in teaching and learning
· A Collaborative and driven individual who will support and lead on the delivery of the subject through an assortment or inventive approaches including curriculum design and teaching strategies through the use of ICT and intervention programmes
· Potentially someone who would like to take on some leadership responsibility
We can offer you:
· The opportunity to be part of a growing Academy in the centre of Hackneys thriving community
· Excellent facilities and resources for all colleagues and students
· Excellent professional development opportunities and opportunity to grow within the academy
· An excellent benefits package
The Petchey Academy, under the patronage of Jack Petchey, is dedicated to enabling young people to aspire and succeed. We have adopted his motto and encourage our students to truly believe “If I think I can….I can!” If you are seeking a challenging and rewarding position, enriching the lives of the students who attend The Petchey Academy, then we are keen to hear from you.
The Petchey Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All successful applicants will be requested to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check
The Petchey Academy is committed to promoting equality for all students and employees. Every individual will be treated with courtesy and respect and their contribution to the learning process will be valued.
To apply please visit our website www.petcheyacademy.org.uk and our recruitment-vacancies page (Please note we do not accept CVs, the application form should be fully completed)