Full time, permanent
Inspire their remarkable with us
Visits are welcome at Sir Herbert Leon Academy
This is an exciting time to join Sir Herbert Leon Academy. After our recent Ofsted visit we have moved to Requires Improvement with ’Good’ for Leadership & Management, Personal Development, Behaviour & Welfare and our Post 16 provision. With our ‘broad and balanced’ curriculum as well as ‘pupils behaving well in lessons, break and lunchtimes’ being recognized by Ofsted, Sir Herbert Leon Academy is very much a school on its way to ‘Good’.
We know we still have work to do to ensure that all our students enjoy a rich and successful time with us and your role is crucial in helping us achieve this.
We are seeking to appoint an inspirational Teacher of Mathematics to join our Maths team. You must be able to teach across the ability and age range, and be excited to support the delivery of Maths to the highest standards for all pupils at Key Stages 3, 4 and 5.
Your responsibilities include:
- Deliver a consistently high quality of teaching, learning, assessment and high standards of achievement
- Work as part of the Maths team to deliver Maths Mastery and meet the high standards expected in the academy
- Evaluate student target and performance data for their teaching as required, and ensure it is analysed as set out in the academy calendar or other such documents
- Positively engage and partake in all activities and events on the Sir Herbert Leon Academy Assessment Calendar
- Demonstrate positive approaches in matters relating to student behaviours and contact with parents
- Ensure that there is an atmosphere conducive to quality learning within the curriculum area, and that students’ experiences are challenging, stimulating and differentiated according to need
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we’re inspiring.
- More training and development, so you can get better at what you do - Varied and stretching continuous professional development opportunities.
- More support for you and your loved ones - A health cash plan, employee loans and savings scheme, discounted gym membership and employee assistance programme.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time teaching.
- More reward - A generous and flexible Local Government Pension scheme for support staff.
- More possibilities - To inspire children to find their remarkable.
Closing Date: Tuesday 15 October 2019
Start Date: January 2020
Interviews are scheduled to take place as soon as possible after the closing date. To apply today, please click the 'Quick Apply' button below.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website http://www.academiesenterprisetrust.org/our-teaching-school/our-school-direct-teacher-training-vacancies for further details.