£25,750 - £39,964 per annum
Rochester Grammar school is the best performing school and best performing Grammar School in Medway
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is the best performing Multi Academy Trust for KS4 progress
We are currently recruiting for an exceptional Teacher of Maths to join a team of committed professionals to teach Years 7-13, including the IB, from April 2019. This post has a range of teaching opportunities and is suitable for an experienced teacher or NQT with a passion for Maths. The ability to teach Maths at A level or IB would be an advantage.
The Rochester Grammar School is not only a school with outstanding outcomes but has a rich history and inspiring reputation as one of the country's leading state Grammar Schools.
The school is consistently ranked amongst the best state schools in the country and was awarded National Teaching School status in March 2012. It is also an International Baccalaureate diploma school. Teaching at RGS is an inspiring and rewarding experience.
What you will get from The Rochester Grammar School:
• Minimum starting salary £25,750 for all NQTs
• A fun, hardworking and welcoming team who enjoy supporting each other
• Engaged pupils who work in a calm and industrious manner
• Work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos
• Vast support network from senior leaders and other teachers within the school and our trust
• Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning - proven to enhance classroom practice
• Outstanding CPD tailored to you, wherever you are in your career and the opportunity to develop your subject expertise at the highest level
• Full induction and mentor programme for new staff
• Support from across the Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits
• Access to the New Horizons Teaching Alliance, offering a wide range of robust and innovatory development resources and expertise
• A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
• Reduced membership of a fully-equipped gym with fitness classes – located on the site of Holcombe Grammar School
• Free parking onsite
As part of The Thinking Schools Academy Trust, we benefit from working cohesively as a family of schools for the benefit of our children, and for the adults who work here too. The Trust supports with planning, trips, events, CPD and much more to ensure that all of our teachers are fully supported, enabling them to ensure that they can deliver the best learning that we can offer. Our mission is to “transform life chances”; at The Thinking Schools Academy Trust we believe education has the power to change lives and children only have one chance to get this right. To ensure all our academies focus on our mission school leaders translated our mission to core values that would be demonstrated and evident in all our Academies:
Child First, Aspire, Challenge, Achieve
What you will need to succeed:
• Be a qualified Maths Teacher
• Ideally have a degree in Mathematics
• Be an outstanding, student-centred classroom practitioner
• Possess a depth of subject knowledge
• Be able to inspire and enthuse our wonderful, intelligent students
What you need to do now:
Complete our application form to apply for this position. Tours of the school are highly recommended. Please contact Ruth Rivers (firstname.lastname@example.org) to arrange a convenient time.
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
We are committed to safe recruitment procedures and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments to this post are subject to an enhanced DBS check and Children’s Barred List check.