Do you want to be part of an OFSTED ‘Good’ academy with a highly successful Mathematics Department?
In June 2018 Maths at The Magna Carta School achieved a Progress 8 score of +0.54 with 81% of students obtaining a 4 or above on the new 9-1 Specification. In addition to this twenty-one students achieved the top grade of 9.
In Years 9 & 10 all students are also taught and entered for GCSE Statistics. Students write GCSE Statistics at the conclusion of Year 10, of which 80% of students in June 2018 achieved a Grade C or above on this qualification.
Collectively, we value the progress of each student throughout their time with us and look to instill the attitude of ‘I can do Maths’ in everyone. You would be joining not only a successful Maths Department, but one that works together as a team and is highly supportive of one another.
Additionally the school as a whole values the development of its staff; high quality personal and professional development is a key reason for our success and we place great emphasis on supporting and developing you throughout your career.
We are searching for someone who has the skills to grow and develop outstanding practice, together with the ambition to excel as a classroom practitioner.
· Be able to teach Maths across the age & ability range in Years 7 – 11
· Be committed to raising achievement for students of all abilities
· Be able to motivate and engage students
· Have the potential to become an outstanding teacher and committed to professional development and acting upon advice
· Be creative, determined, enthusiastic, resilient and passionate about delivering a high quality education to all students
Visits to the school would be warmly welcomed.