Teacher of Maths
Required from September 2021
Suitable for Newly Qualified Teacher/Early Career Teacher
Salary Scale: MPS/UPS (Inner London Scale)
Are you a talented and dynamic practitioner? Do you wish to play a key role in a high-performing department in a highly successful school in the heart of East London?
Oaklands School is a fully inclusive school with a wealth of opportunities for all learners to achieve their full potential. Our Progress 8 Scores are well above national average for the fifth year in a row. We are a school which serves the local community and promotes co-operation, responsibility and respect.
We are looking for a creative and inspiring Maths teacher to join our team in September. The ideal candidate will be reflective and enjoy working with others as part of our forward-looking team. We are an experienced team of mathematicians, who are very supportive, often plan collaboratively and are always happy to share ideas. NQTs/ECTs are encouraged to apply. At KS5 we offer A Levels in both Maths and Further Maths as well as a Core Maths option.
We believe that every student has the ability to succeed in mathematics and our progress rates in 2019 were the highest in the borough. We use a wide range of teaching and learning strategies including the use of manipulatives and pictorial methods. We endeavour to support students in gaining a conceptual understanding as well as making sure they are active and enjoy their learning. Problem solving is at the heart of how we teach. We also run a series of projects to help students relate maths to everyday life.
If you have a passion for mathematics and helping students to achieve and are looking for a supportive and creative department that gets results, then please apply.
The successful candidate will be:
• A great teacher who wants to continually develop their practice
• Committed to the idea of success for every child
• Ready to adapt resources; using a range of strategies including the use of physical manipulatives and pictorial methods to help students gain a conceptual understanding to ensure all students achieve.
• Experienced in teaching students to problem solve
• Innovative in using new technology to enhance learning
• A collaborative planner, keen to develop projects with others
• Reflective, and ready to take on board new ideas
We are keen to hear from you if you:-
• Are an excellent teacher
• Aspire to develop further as a professional
• Are flexible and adaptable
• Are ambitious, hard-working and a team player
We can offer you the opportunity to join:
• A highly committed and dedicated staff.
• Excellent CPD opportunities.
• Students who love their school, are ambitious and want to learn
Oaklands is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications for all posts from appropriately qualified persons regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be DBS checked.
For further details and an application pack:
Telephone: 0207 613 1014 Email: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 9am Wednesday 19th May 2021
Interviews: Friday 21st May 2021
The school may hold interviews for suitable candidates before the application closing date.
- Mainstream school with state - community funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 19 years
Oaklands is a mixed, comprehensive, non-denominational secondary school with sixth form situated in East London. It is a community state school as well as a NSS (National Support School] that provides support to other schools. A smaller than average ...