If you are a talented, highly motivated practitioner with the ability and enthusiasm to deliver innovative and enjoyable lessons to students, we would love to hear from you. Experience of delivering French at KS5, or a desire to teach A level, would be advantageous.
MFL is a strong and thriving department, staffed by a committed, collaborative and supportive team with student examination results well above national averages. In summer 2018, 91% of the Year 11 cohort achieved grades 9 – 4 in French and 90% achieved grades 9 – 4 in German. At ‘A’ Level, 100% of students achieved A*-C grades in both subjects.
Hinchley Wood is an inclusive, high achieving and highly sought after school with 1,300 students on roll including 240 in our 6th form. Located on the borders of SW London, we pride ourselves on celebrating student progress and development as well as academic achievement. In 2018 our Progress 8 score put us in the top 5% of schools nationally, and we are in the 100 top performing schools in England and Wales in terms of the progress our students make between the end of Key Stage 2 and their GCSEs.
The role is suitable for either a newly qualified teacher or an experienced practitioner. We offer:
- a competitive salary (London Fringe Pay Scale)
- two week Autumn half term and a minimum two week break over the Christmas period
- Friday afternoon non-contact time
- interest free travel/relocation loan
- on site gym and
- professional development support and an extensive CPD programme.
If you are an NQT, joining Hinchley Wood School would be an excellent start to your teaching career with benefits including:
• An established and extensive NQT programme;
• Support and expertise of departmental mentors;
• A tailor-made whole school professional development programme;
• Support network of other NQTs across subject areas;
• Mid-year residential opportunity; and
• A two week paid induction during July.
If you have any further queries please contact us over the school Easter closure via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application packs are available here or from our website http://www.hinchleywoodschool.co.uk/243/vacancies
If you are looking for a part time role please indicate on your application.
Closing date: Monday 29th April 2019 (9am).
NB: Interviews are planned for Thursday 9th May .
Hinchley Wood School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The position advertised is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.