We are excited to offer this fantastic opportunity for an ambitious teacher of Modern Foreign Languages to join our ambitious and innovative MFL department and be part of a strong and co-operative team. We are looking for a dual linguist (French and Spanish) with an enthusiasm and a passion for languages to help us continue to fly the flag for languages.
Please see the applicant information pack for full details.
We can offer:
- A school with a distinctive Christian mission, ethos and strong traditions, dating back to 1864
- The opportunity to work in a school graded as outstanding in all areas by both Ofsted and SIAMS (Church school inspection)
- A highly achieving 11-18 school with consistently excellent results at GCSE and A Level
- Fantastic pupils who are hardworking, enthusiastic and impeccably behaved so that you can focus on your core purpose – teaching
- Supportive and aspirational parents
- A dedicated, enthusiastic and highly professional staff team
- A professional working environment in which all staff are valued, listened to and able to fully use their gifts and talents.
- An environment where teacher workload and well-being is taken seriously
- A sensible feedback policy which encourages the use of whole class feedback
- Excellent schemes of learning and resources, as well as a staff team who are keen to share ideas, resources and best practice
- No graded lesson observations – feedback is formative and developmental
- The opportunity to contribute to outstanding teacher training as part of the Ripley TSA SCITT
- The opportunity to teach A Level in our large and expanding Sixth Form
- Excellent teaching resources and facilities, from the Grade 2* listed Chapel to brand new buildings and facilities
- Extra-curricular sporting facilities for staff including fully equipped gym, swimming pool and running track
Career development recruitment incentives:
- A bespoke CPD programme for all staff, exciting career opportunities and individual teaching and leadership coaching
- Access through the Teaching School to a range of middle and senior leadership programmes
Start date: September 2021
Closing date: midday on Wednesday 14 April 2021
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. In line with our safeguarding policies we are unable to accept CVs.
Along with your application form, please also provide a letter (of no more than 2 sides, using Tahoma 11 font) outlining your experience relative to the job description and person specification.
Ripley St Thomas Church of England Academy