BROOKE WESTON TRUST – KETTERING SCIENCE ACADEMY
TEACHER OF MODERN FOREIGN LANGUAGES
START: September 2021
CONTRACT TYPE: Full time/Maternity Cover
We have an exciting opportunity for a vibrant, qualified and committed teacher of German and French to join a dynamic, well-resourced, supportive and high performing MFL department. The department, has a history of strong outcomes at GCSE especially in German and has consistently performed above national expectations. It is therefore one of the strongest departments in the Academy.
French and German are popular subjects at both Key Stage 3 and Key stage 4 as students are conscientious and motivated to learn a language. Students are well behaved in lessons which allows students to learn in calm yet creative environment. So if you are an experienced teacher or an NQT and are passionate about delivering high quality language lessons we would welcome an application from you.
The successful candidate will:
• Be able to teach German across Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4 and the ability to teach French is desirable.
• Be willing to go above and beyond what is expected, encouraging students to achieve as highly as possible.
• Possess a tenacious ambition for their students, seeking to give them exciting and engaging opportunities for learning.
• Be a highly motivated and enthusiastic teacher with the desire to inspire and motivate students to achieve and succeed in languages.
• Be passionate with regard to implementing the curriculum and developing further extra-curricular opportunities.
• Committed to their own professional development and to the overall success of the department.
About Kettering Science Academy:
Kettering Science Academy is on a journey towards ‘outstanding’. We have made rapid improvements and we are now relentlessly focussed on providing stimulating learning experience for all our students. We actively encourage students to participate in all areas of academy life, motivating and inspiring them to unlock their potential and realise their ambitions. We believe education is about more than achieving success in exams; it is about preparing students for the challenges and demands of life beyond education. Staff have an uncompromising commitment to this and work closely with one another to support and develop students as well as one another.
We are a thriving community of equals dedicated to creating a great place to work and learn; students and staff are happy and proud to be part of Kettering Science Academy. We are very confident that this will be Kettering Science Academy’s best year yet and we would like to offer you the opportunity to jump aboard and join us for this journey!
If you think you can contribute to our organisation we welcome your application. Applicants are required to complete an application form as CVs will not be accepted.
For further information about how to apply, to arrange a visit or an informal discussion about this role please contact Celina Dilger, HR Administrator, on the below details:
T: 01536 532700
W: Brooke Weston Trust Careers
Closing date: 20th April 2021
Please be aware that if you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date your application has, on this occasion, been unsuccessful.
Care and respect for others are the values that lie at the heart of our Trust. The Trust is an Equal Opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. It expects all staff to share this commitment. All posts working with children and young people will be subject to an enhanced disclosures barring service check.
Kettering Science Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years