Teacher of MFL (Spanish and French)
Required for September 2019
Salary Scale: MPS/UPS
• Do you want to play a key part in a successful and high-achieving department in a school community where innovation and aspiration run alongside a commitment to historical values and traditions?
• Are you looking for a school committed to the development of all students as well-rounded individuals and potential future leaders?
• Do you want to work with highly motivated students who are keen to learn and develop?
• Are you looking for an opportunity to work with a committed team of experienced and highly qualified staff?
• Do you want to make a significant contribution to sustaining a record of high academic achievement?
• Are you enthused by everything to do with languages teaching, eager to take risks, to share ideas and to ‘talk shop’?
This is an outstanding opportunity to join our enthusiastic and committed MFL department in a successful and oversubscribed selective 11-18 grammar school. The school is situated in the Rossendale Valley, a beautiful rural area, but is easily accessible from Manchester, Preston and the Ribble Valley, and the Yorkshire Dales.
BRGS was rated outstanding in all categories in its most recent OFSTED inspection, and has a strong focus on staff development. We are committed to languages for all of our students, with our students undertaking two languages at KS3 which include French, German and Spanish. At KS4, all our students undertake at least one MFL at GCSE. The sixth form at BRGS includes around 374 students and the department currently delivers French, Spanish and German at A-level. We believe the learning of a modern language is not only a vital building block in a student’s all-round education but also a central qualification for our youngsters to best prepare them for their future.
We are looking to appoint an inspiring, experienced and ambitious graduate to teach from Year 7 to Year 13. This is an excellent opportunity both for a hardworking NQT or an experienced colleague wishing to take a role which will give them scope to develop their teaching and learning skills. The successful applicant will be expected to make a significant contribution to faculty teaching and learning in KS3, KS4 and KS5.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Completed applications should be returned by email to:
email@example.com marked ‘Teacher of MFL Application’
To enable governors to give full consideration to your application:
• Complete the application form in full
• Enclose a supporting statement of no more than 1200 words (12point font)
The closing date for applications is 12 noon Friday 26th April 2019