Unique opportunity for an ambitious, forward thinking teacher to develop their leadership skills within our successful MFL department. Ormiston Horizon Academy is a successful 11-18 mixed high school, with brand new £23 million facilities, second to none. Judged by OFSTED to be a ‘GOOD’ school in March 2018.
Due to our growing reputation and excellent results, we have rapid growth in student numbers and oversubscribed in Year 7, we require an outstanding and dynamic teacher to join our flourishing MFL department.
The person we are looking for should:
- Be an inspirational, creative and outstanding teacher
- Be a hardworking, imaginative thinker and have excellent organisational and time management skills
- Have a track record of raising standards
- Have a track record of supporting and coaching staff and be able to build and manage high performing teams
- Be able to network and build positive relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders.
OFSTED March 2018
- This is a good school
- The head of school is determined that the school should provide the best possible education for pupils. He sets high expectations for staff and pupils. He is working relentlessly to establish a culture of high aspirations and achievement for all.
- The vice-principal, senior leaders and middle leaders support the head of school’s vision and initiatives effectively. As a result, there is a strong sense of purpose and direction across the school.
- The intake of pupils has grown considerably since the school opened in its current building. The expansion has been managed well.
- Leaders continue to develop the breadth of the curriculum to ensure that it offers a wide range of learning opportunities for pupils. Provision for pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development is effective.
- The school provides a safe environment for pupils. The vast majority of pupils behave well and enjoy their school life.
- The school has implemented a comprehensive programme of professional development for staff. As a result, teachers are better equipped to deliver courses that match the new requirements of GCSE qualifications.
- Effective induction programmes for new staff have helped to sustain the overall good quality of teaching at the school.
- The quality of teaching, learning and assessment is good. This is because teachers have good subject knowledge, and the relationships between teachers and pupils are overwhelmingly positive.
- Teachers plan their lessons with care and, in most cases, ensure that learning activities are engaging. There is clear evidence that the school’s increased focus on developing teaching practice through intensive training is having a positive impact on the quality of the experience that pupils have in lessons. As a result, in most subjects, a high proportion of pupils enjoy the learning activities they have to do and use their lesson time productively.
We Can Offer You:
- Dedicated and enthusiastic students
- Passionate, creative and supportive staff team
- Outstanding state of the art facilities
- Subsidised fitness suite membership
- Notebook PC provided
The successful applicant will be subject to satisfactory references and satisfactory clearance by the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Application packs are available to download from the website:
Or from HR – Mrs Corinne Williams - email@example.com
Apply by 3.00pm Tuesday 19th June 3.00pm
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children