We are seeking to recruit an energetic Spanish teacher with a vision, drive and a passion for continued improvements in languages. This is a crucial post and the successful applicant must have a proven track record of success, be an outstanding classroom practitioner with proven classroom experience.
The senior leadership team is dedicated to making Modern Foreign Languages a continued priority in the school.
We provide a strong culture of support and care for our staff.
We would like to hear from you if you want to work in a highly ambitious and successful school which:
- Is proud of the exceptional progress and achievement of its young people.
- Has a strong ethos of high expectations and support for all.
- Is committed to the professional development of staff.
The successful candidate will have:
- An absolute dedication to pupils and their learning above all else.
- A clear record of success at Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4.
- A relentless determination and commitment to constant review and refinement.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
The successful applicant will be fully supported by an excellent induction programme, being part of a well resourced, forward thinking and supportive MFL team, small group sizes at Key Stage 4 and will benefit from the school’s outstanding track record with continuing professional development.
We are looking to recruit someone who has the skills, qualities, experience and knowledge outlined in the Person Specification. If you feel you can offer these attributes, we are keen to receive your application.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory DBS Enhanced Disclosure.
Durham County Council is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We want to develop a more diverse workforce and we positively welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Applicants with disabilities will be invited for interview if the essential job criteria are met.
For an informal discussion, please ring the school and ask to speak with Mrs Marie Flanagan. Recruitment packs are available from our website: www.bishopbarrington.net
Closing Date: 17th December 2020
Bishop Barrington School
- Mainstream school with state - community funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years