“The School has an exceptional, harmonious community with respect for others at its core
Leadership and Management – Outstanding
Sixth Form – Outstanding”
We have a full time vacancy for a confident, enthusiastic, suitably qualified and experienced person to join a large successful faculty from January 2018. The postholder will need to be able to teach Spanish up to A-level, but the ability to also teach French or German up to Key Stage 4 would also be an advantage.
The successful candidate will:
- play a key role in the development of Teaching and Learning in the Modern Languages Department and where appropriate in the whole school
- exercise a teacher’s professional skills and judgement in fulfilling that role
- assist the Curriculum Leader to manage and develop the Modern Languages department
- have an impact on the educational progress of students in addition to those in his or her own assigned classes be involved in leading, developing and enhancing the professional practice of other staff
King Edward VII School is a thriving, over-subscribed school, with a diverse intake. It is a stimulating place in which to work, offering many opportunities to students and staff alike. The School enjoys an excellent reputation and sees the calibre of its staff as a key strength. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and young people and expect all staff to show this commitment. Successful candidates will be required to complete Criminal Records Disclosure forms in line with Section 115 of the Police Act 1997
- Applicants should complete a standard Sheffield LA application form and also write a letter of application (no more than 2 sides of A4 – using font size 12) stating:Why they are applying for the post
- How their experience so far has prepared them for the post
- What their priorities for the year would be
Please note: Only applications on the standard Sheffield LA application form will be considered. Please return your application form DIRECT to the school.
Further information about the School is available on the School website.
For further details please contact Jo Jackson firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 12 noon Friday 13th October 2017
KING EDWARD VII SCHOOL
Fully comprehensive 11-18 School with 1650 on roll, including 500 in Sixth Form
Tel: 0114 2662518
Fax: 0114 2687690