In January this year, Archbishop Tenison’s School became part of the Southwark Diocesan Board of Education Multi-Academy Trust. This is an exciting time for our school working with a growing Church of England trust where each of us share a common vision; to ensure all children in our school realise their God-given potential and aspire to exceed expectations.
Archbishop Tenison’s School is a small three form entry secondary school.
We are looking to appoint an outstanding and enthusiastic Teacher of Modern Foreign Languages
The successful applicant will:
• Be an outstanding teacher who inspires and motivates staff and students. Must be able to teach French and Spanish to GCSE level.
• Have the drive and ability to secure rates of progress and attainment for all children no matter their starting point
• Have high expectations of themselves and others
• Have a secure understanding of how to use data to ensure progress
• Be committed to their own professional development
• Have strong interpersonal and organisational skills
• Develop partnership with parents and the community
• Contribute to the wider life of our church school
We can offer you:
• A dedicated and motivated team of colleagues and governors, committed and passionate about driving the school forward and improving outcomes for all students
• A happy and harmonious school community build on strong Christian foundation
• A great opportunity to make a difference to our children
• A culture of successful mentoring, peer support and professional development
• An easily-accessible school, close to Oval underground and many bus routes.
Applicants are expected to be sympathetic to the Christian ethos of the school.
Archbishop Tenison’s School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Closing date: Tuesday 18th June 2019