Teacher of Modern Foreign Languages
Second in Department
To start September 2018
Full or Part time considered
MPS/UPS + TLR2 £4,448
We are an oversubscribed and highly successful 11-16 school that strives for every student to be the best that they can be, both inside and outside of the classroom. We were judged as good in all areas at recent our Ofsted inspection (October 2017). We are part of a Multi Academy Trust, The Bradgate Education Partnership, which consists of 12 other local primary and secondary schools.
Governors wish to appoint a Teacher of MFL, Second in the Department with drive, energy and enthusiasm who will assist in taking The Roundhill Academy forward with our school ethos, which is for all stakeholders to believe in themselves. They will engage with their local and the global community and aspire to achieve their full potential. We are convinced that by believing, engaging and achieving students will succeed at school and in their future lives.
Our curriculum offers both French and Spanish at Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4.
We can offer:
- A good school in all areas of our recent Ofsted inspection (October 2017)
- A strong ethos and culture of support and guidance to all
- A committed and motivated team
- Enthusiastic students, willing to learn
- Excellent behaviour for learning
You will be:
- A dynamic, inspirational and enthusiastic classroom practitioner
- Able to teach both French and Spanish at Key Stage 3 and GCSE Spanish
- Able to recognise opportunities and face challenges
- Capable of promoting partnerships and collaborative working
- A role model for our students and staff
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. Please contact Helen Doherty, Head of MFL for further details.
The Roundhill Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young students and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will need to undertake an Enhanced DBS check.
We believe this role offers a unique opportunity to shape a new educational experience within a high performing and already established community.
Closing date for applications is 1pm on Tuesday 20th March 2018
Interviews will take place on Thursday 12th April 2018
Application form and further details can be found on our website at www.roundhill.leics.sch.uk