Brae High School is a non-denominational school located in Brae. It provides early years, primary and secondary edcuation up to S6 for children from the north mainland of Shetland. The structure of the school is 2 early years (1 am and 1 pm) classes, 2 single and 3 composite primary classes, and S1-6 classes. There are currently a total 303 pupils on the roll. The school is managed by a Head Teacher and 2 Depute Head Teachers. The current staffing complement is 41 teachers assisted by support staff as required to meet school demands. The current Head Teacher is Kirsty MacKenzie. Further information can be found on the schools website at http://www.brae.shetland.sch.uk/
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -www.shetland.gov.uk
- The grade of this post is TCHR
- Salary shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £2,048 per annum (pro rata)
- Temporary Term Time Full Time post for 35.0 Hours per Week hours per week, 39.00 weeks per year plus 8 weeks (pro rata) paid holiday to be taken during school holidays - Temporary contract for a period of approximately 2 months
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- You must be registered with the General Teaching Council for Scotland (GTCS)
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- Not suitable for Remote Working
- FTE: 1
- Sector Subject Specialism: Secondary / Modern Languages
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Brae High School
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Robin Calder, Quality Improvement Officer, 01595 744745, Robin.Calder@shetland.gov.uk
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.
Closing date: 18/01/2018
Brae High School