Teacher of Music
Salary: Competitive (TLR may be available for outstanding candidate)
We are looking to appoint a talented, enthusiastic and dedicated individual who can offer the vision and creativity to lead and shape delivery of this popular subject.
Our music department plays a key part in the life of the academy and the enrichment of our students. Large numbers of students are involved in extracurricular activities including bands and choirs.
The successful candidate will be:
- An outstanding teacher with an excellent track record of examination success at Key Stages 3-5.
- Someone who shares our moral purpose of ensuring that all of our young people receive the best education possible in a supportive environment from people who care about them.
- Passionate about music and will inspire our students to be so as well by providing a creative and engaging learning environment.
- Highly energetic with the ability to motivate those around them.
- Committed to the continuation of music enrichment across the academy.
Accrington Academy is part of United Learning, a successful national group of independent schools and academies which share a mission to bring out ‘the best in everyone’ and improve the life chances of the children and young people in their care. Our school has a strong local reputation and has been oversubscribed for several years. We are a successful school, with expanding 11-18 provision, and the majority of students spend their entire journey with us.
As a school we encourage our staff to work creatively; we believe our success is from a willingness to take risks and look at things from a very innovative angle.
As part of the United Learning chain of Academies, you will have access to strong and tailored leadership development and unrivalled career development opportunities and support to ensure you achieve your ambitions.
This is the perfect opportunity to work in an innovative and creative department and school. If you would like to see more, then please contact us and we would be delighted to welcome you for a visit.
For further information and to apply please visit:
United Learning is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. A DBS (previously CRB) check is required for all successful applicants.
Start date: January 2020
Closing date: 17th October 2019
Shortlisting: w/c 18th October 2019
Interviews: w/c 28th October 2019