Salary: Main Pay Scale / Upper Pay Scale
Hours: 0.8 FTE with potential for full time
Contract term: Maternity cover
Start date: If available, November 2019 or January 2020
Heritage High School is a thriving 11-16 comprehensive school in the heart of our community. Staff at the school are committed to enabling students to push themselves towards their aspirations, and in return students are developing into increasingly mature learners and young adults.
We are supported by a strong, effective and aspirational Governing Body. The key to successful education is to ensure that teaching is consistently high quality across all curriculum areas and that learning is focused and purposeful.
To make this happen we are working hard to develop effective, enquiring learners who have real aspiration and take ownership of their own learning.
We provide a core of traditional subjects from Y7 to Y11, and provide high quality guidance to all students on the next steps at post-16. Our facilities are of a high quality, boasting well equipped specialist areas housed in recently constructed buildings.
Regular after school learning activities are also offered together with wider enrichment opportunities, including residential visits abroad.
We are committed to providing the very best for the young people in our care.
I hope that together we can drive the school forwards to even greater success.
We are looking for Music Teacher to cover a period of maternity leave who can inspire and build rapport with our students. The post is available as a 0.8 FTE but we will consider Full Time. You will join a team of supportive, hard-working and gifted teachers who put students first in their quest to provide the very best educational experience
This post would equally suit a confident and ambitious NQT or an experienced teacher.
We are looking for a colleague with a love for teaching and learning and a passion for their subject and welcome applications from colleagues with a commitment to pursue the highest standards and deliver sessions with an innovative and challenging approach.
The Two Counties Trust
Our academy is part of The Two Counties Trust. The Trust has a forward thinking strategy with all the professional benefits that this brings for our staff. We make a significant investment in all of our employees to ensure we can recruit and retain the most talented people.
- Highly competitive pay and pay progression opportunities. Our salaries for leadership and teachers on the Upper Pay Scale and in receipt of a TLR are above national pay scales.
- All NQTs are supported by our own programme which offers structured development and support throughout the NQT year.
- Our RQTs participate in our Trust development programme, building on the NQT year and acting as a stepping stone to further professional development opportunities.
- We also offer development programmes for aspiring middle leaders including our own Middle Leadership programme and the SSAT Leading Practitioners course.
- An increasing array of employee benefits and lifestyle options including discounted healthcare, gym membership and extensive high street retail discounts.
- The ability to request flexible working.
- A full induction and a strong commitment to your professional development.
- Opportunities to experience and share practice in our partner schools across the Trust.
- A stimulating, supportive and rewarding working environment with a dedicated team of like-minded professionals.
The closing date for applications is: Wednesday 16 October 2019
Interviews will be held on: Week commencing 21 October 2019
We are committed to the safeguarding of all children and young people. Any offer of employment will be subject to the receipt of a satisfactory Enhanced DBS disclosure, receipt of references and successful completion of vetting procedures.
We are committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and candidates who meet the minimum job criteria will be given an opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at interview.