Reduced school year of 180 days plus 3 CPD days, i.e. an additional 12 days of holidays; suitable for NQTs. Salary equivalent to MPS 1-6.
We are a relatively small 4-16 school, newly sponsored by the Emmanuel Schools Foundation, and continuing a journey of improvement that offers great potential for rapid professional development. Reflecting our independent school heritage, we have a reduced school year (180 days for students) with 12 additional days of holidays for teaching staff.
We require, for September 2019, an enthusiastic graduate qualified to teach Music part-time at KS3 and to GCSE and to lead performing musical groups (0.6 FTE over 3-4 days) as part of this small staff team, with strong understanding of progression to post-16. The ability to demonstrate excellent subject knowledge, a love for music and for the creativity it enables, and to consistently teach inspirational lessons within this small but highly committed team is essential.
If you believe you have the vision and commitment to work in a school which seeks to raise achievement, setting consistently high standards for yourself and your students, please do contact us.
To request an informal visit or for further information, please contact Mrs Julie Barber on 0191 534 4444 or email: email@example.com
Closing date: 9am, Monday 15 July 2019
Interview date: w/c 15 July 2019
Grindon Hall, Sunderland (10-12 miles from Newcastle, Gateshead and Durham; fast access to the north east coastline, Northumberland and North Yorks national parks and major areas of natural beauty; York/ Leeds/Manchester 1-2 hours; London 3½ hours).
- Distinct, biblically Christian ethos with highly diverse intake
- Small, 4-16 all-through school of c. 550 students
- Reduced length school year of 180 teaching days plus 3 days of CPD (in addition to weekly CPD). Additional two holiday weeks are: one at Christmas and one immediately before the summer break.
- Exceptional CPD provision throughout the year, and for rapid professional development
- Focus on character education, being part of Emmanuel Schools Foundation
Grindon Hall Christian School takes its responsibility for safeguarding children very seriously and successful applications will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS, along with standard pre-employment safeguarding checks.