Teacher of Music
Closing Date – Tuesday 13th April 2021, Midnight
Interviews – to be confirmed
From September 2021, we are looking for a highly motivated and engaging teacher of Music who is
• a strong, dynamic Music teacher who is capable of teaching music to all levels.
• has high expectations and a commitment to personal development and Music education
• can demonstrate excellent organisational and inter-personal skills and the ability to work as part of a team
• can deliver high quality music provision
• has clear vision, energy and commitment to all aspects of school life
• has a desire and passion to develop Music as a high-profile activity at Royal Wootton Bassett Academy engaging a large, enthusiastic and active musical community.
RWBA Music department is well resourced with three well equipped music rooms, one smaller classroom/practice room, a recording studio, two large performance spaces, seven practice rooms each equipped with a piano or drum kit, a student instrument storeroom, music office and music store. Music classrooms are equipped with 16 keyboards and a teaching piano. There is one classroom set of PCs with MuseScore, Sibelius and Mix Craft. Resources include a Yamaha C3, one class set of ukuleles, xylophones, djembes, guitars, amplifiers, six drum kits, a samba band and a variety of pitched, hand held and world percussion and other instruments. We have one full time Head of Department, one full time teacher of Music, two part time Music teachers and thirteen part time visiting peripatetic instrumental and singing teachers. GCSE Students follow the OCR specification and at A Level Eduqas.
Royal Wootton Bassett Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 19 years