We are looking for an inspiring teacher with good classroom skills who possesses energy and drive to satisfy the enthusiasm of our students and harness and develop their talents in all sorts of music. Applications are welcome from NQTs or experienced teachers. Visits to the school are welcome, by prior arrangement.
The Music Department consists of two teachers within a Performance and Creativity faculty of five subjects. Music has always played an important part in the life of the school and we are looking for an energetic, enthusiastic and committed colleague to join the Music Department. Music is well established with GCSE and A Level courses and a broad extra-curricular programme. The department is well-resourced in a modern music centre.
• Qualified Teacher Status
• Ability to teach KS3, KS4 and KS5
• Effective behaviour management
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Knowledge of planning, assessment and record-keeping
• Commitment to further training and development
• Conscientious, enthusiastic and positive
• The ability to relate well to students, staff and parents
• Willingness and ability to be an effective tutor, if required
• Ability to teach KS5
• Willingness to teach PSHE
• Willingness to contribute to extra-curricular activities
• Evidence of improving practice by identifying and meeting CPD needs
Professional Development is central to our work and we offer opportunities and support for all staff to develop their skills. From our excellent NQT programme through to our ‘Future Leader’ programme, we are committed to recruiting and retaining the best. Being the lead school in our multi academy trust, we can also offer the opportunity for colleagues to develop their careers beyond one school if this is their area of interest.
The school was inspected by Ofsted in November 2017 and was judged as ‘good’ in every category. The GCSE examination results in 2018 were good, with excellent ‘A’ Level results.
In the meantime, if you have any queries about this role, please do not hesitate to contact Abbie Muchecheti (HR Manager) on 01993 848166 Monday to Friday 8.00am – 4:00pm (email firstname.lastname@example.org).