The Eastbourne Academy Ofsted report (January 2017) confirmed once again that we are a Good school. The Lead Inspector commented: “Pupils are immensely proud of their school and are keen to learn.” We have regularly won awards for national achievement and our rebuilding programme was completed in 2013 -14 so that you will be working in state of the art facilities. We operate a one to one iPad scheme for students and staff and this year obtained the second highest Progress 8 score in Eastbourne with our Year 11 students.
We are an exceptionally friendly and supportive staff group and we are seeking to appoint an outstanding Teacher of boys PE to start in September 2018.
This position would suit either an ambitious NQT or an established teacher.
We are looking for candidates who:
- can provide outstanding quality learning and teaching in the PE department, modelling excellence in the classroom.
- can enthuse and motivate students in KS3 and 4.
- have the vision and energy required to impact on the continuous process of raising attainment in the PE department.
- have a belief in the value and talents of all students, and can inspire students through dynamic teaching and excellent classroom management.
- have a passion for Physical Education and Sport.
- have high expectations and a commitment to achieve excellence for all.
- are newly qualified or experienced.
- can demonstrate creativity, innovation and flair in the classroom.
- have a commitment to providing opportunities for students through extra-curricular provision
- have thorough knowledge and understanding of ICT, with a proven record of using ICT to enhance teaching & learning in the classroom.
If you are a dynamic individual with the drive and determination to inspire and engage learners to ensure they achieve their full potential we would welcome your application.
We strongly recommend all interested candidates come and visit The Academy and meet our students and staff . Visits can be arranged at any time by contacting Mrs Melanie Hopkins, the Principal’s P.A.& HR Manager, by telephone (01323 514906) or by e-mail on email@example.com.
To apply for the post, please complete our online application form which can be found via the Join Us - Vacancies section of our website.
Closing Date: Monday 18 April 2018 at 9.00 am Interviews: Week commencing 23 April 2018
The Eastbourne Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.