Aldar Education are currently seeking an outstanding Teacher – PE for Al Danah Charter School in Abu Dhabi to start by November 2021.
Al Danah Charter School is KG and Cycle One school located in the outskirts of Abu Dhabi providing a high-quality education to over 1700 students. Charter Schools are the outcome of a unique and exciting partnership between the government and private sectors in Abu Dhabi and offer the American Common Core Curriculum of Massachusetts. At Al Danah Charter School our dedicated team are committed to providing a dynamic, vibrant and holistic education where students feel safe, secure and confident. Our mission statement, ‘Excite, Challenge, Empower’ lays the foundation in creating an environment where students are encouraged and supported to realize their full potential.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the highly successful Aldar family of schools and to help shape the future of Abu Dhabi’s leading school group.
The successful candidates will be closely aligned with our core values and ethos and possess a genuine understanding and appreciation of the values of the region.
To be able to teach in an inspiring, and inclusive way, enabling independence, so that every child makes as much progress as possible; to develop positive working relationships with all members of the school and wider community; and to provide high quality teaching, effective use of resources and improved standards of learning and achievement for all students
Main Duties & Responsibilities
• To be accountable for ensuring that children are inspired, motivated and equipped to make significant progress with their learning and be as independent as possible
• To work collaboratively with colleagues and manage own workload
• To promote the sporting and healthy life of the school through class teaching, team coaching, competitions, house events and extra-curricular activities
• Delivery of our guaranteed classroom standards
• Planning and teaching PE lessons in line with school planning documents to every class in the school on a weekly basis
• The co-ordination of in-school and inter-school sporting and health promotion events
• Contribution to the sporting and extra-curricular life of the school
• Cascading training
• Carrying out the role of a subject leader, participating and leading staff training and contributing to the development and further improvement of the school- where appropriate
• To comply with Policies and procedures, ICT acceptable use policy and code of conduct.
• To actively engage with our school community e.g. through newsletters, informal dialogue, reporting, supporting school functions and contributing to community activities
• Participating in arrangements for further training and professional development, including undertaking personal training and professional development identified through performance management.
• Safeguarding children’s H&S in school and on authorized school activities elsewhere.
• Other responsible duties as directed by the School Principal.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Physical Education or Bachelor’s Degree in Equivalent Field with PGCE in PE or other teacher qualification in PE.
• Minimum of 1 year of experience in teaching Physical Education after completion of the required Education & Qualifications.
• Experience of an American Curriculum would be desirable but not essential
• Previous experience working with students whom English is not their first language
• A good knowledge of Primary pedagogy.
Job Specific Knowledge & Skill
• Passion for teaching and commitment to educating the whole child.
• A high level of professionalism and consideration of the well-being of children.
• Recent and consistent involvement in extra-curricular activities.
• Respect for all members of a school community, irrespective of position, gender, age and ethnic background.
• A positive and solution-focused attitude to working life.
• A clean enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services check or police check
WHAT WE OFFER
Aldar Education are a family of world-class, child centered, and innovative schools based in the UAE. We educate over 25,000 students across our group of owned and managed schools and as we grow so does our need for highly skilled, inspirational, and dedicated school leaders. We offer an attractive remuneration package including non-monetary benefits. Our future-focused learning model includes both students and staff and so we place a special emphasis on professional development, coaching and training.
Successful candidates will have access to a wide network of professionals and opportunities to both lead and contribute to training others as well as developing themselves.
Aldar Education are keen to hear from like-minded, forward thinking school leaders who would welcome the challenge and opportunities that we have to offer.
This job description is not all inclusive. Aldar Education reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We are also mindful of our national development strategy and encourage UAE Nationals in their application at our company.
As much as we would be delighted to entertain all applicants, due to high volume of applications and robust selection process, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 10 business days.
Aldar Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Offers of appointment are subject to satisfactory references and police clearance.
Al Danah School
United Arab Emirates
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Early Years
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 5 years