Shaping Sport at a pioneering school
This is a great time to join School 21, one of the most exciting schools in the country with a growing reputation for innovation and impact. We are an all-through school from 4 to 18 divided into four small schools and you will get the chance to teach in all the four schools bringing sport alive for pupils.
School 21 has a lot of pupils who are keen on sport. We have several teams up and running from football to netball to table tennis. We have excellent provision in both primary and secondary with a state of the art sports hall, outside MUGA and there are superb nearby facilities including the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park. We have introduced a range of enrichment activities which we would look for the new member of the team to add to and grow. Ensuring all students of all ages get the opportunity to pursue a passion of their choice. Within lessons a range of sports are covered in secondary and often taught through a project approach, previous ones include Glow Badminton, Cross-fit Challenge and the Panna Project.
School 21 is a very special and different kind of place to work in. We empower staff to find their voice and their creativity. We offer collaboration and learning across ages and subjects. All staff have more planning time than most schools and a tailored programme of professional development which results in extraordinary outcomes for the students. We offer multiple routes to progression through subjects and pedagogies. We believe strongly in developing the full potential of all staff.
Since we opened in 2012 we have put learning and teaching at the heart of everything we do. We have developed a unique approach to oracy including setting up a charity, Voice 21 (https://www.voice21.org/) which is already working with several hundred schools. We have also pioneered real world, interdisciplinary learning in collaboration with a network of extraordinary organisations: creative, artistic, high tech, professional.
At School 21, we believe that the purpose of education is to develop the whole child: head (academics), heart (character and well-being) and hand (generating ideas, problem solving, creating extraordinary authentic outcomes).
School 21 has established a strong track record - an outstanding ofsted, excellent GCSE results and a growing reputation, for example being the first and only international case study chosen by US educators, Edutopia https://www.edutopia.org/school/school-21.
There was strong recognition in the Ofsted for the ethos and approach of the school:
"Pupils across the school make exceptional progress."
"Pupils have excellent attitudes to learning, impeccable manners and show respect for everyone.”
“Staff morale is exceptionally high. Teachers at the early stages of their career value the ‘fantastic’ professional development and opportunities to learn from each other. Those with more experience said that they have become much better teachers since joining the school.”
"Through project-based learning "pupils achieve remarkable standards of work and demonstrated knowledge and skills at levels beyond those expected for their age group."
“Pupils talk and discuss with a maturity and confidence that is remarkable for their years."
The successful candidate will be:
- An excellent teacher and subject specialist
- Experienced at developing other teachers
- Skilled at fostering independent, student-led learning
- A creative and deep thinker about pedagogy
- Innovative in using new technology to enhance learning
- A collaborative planner, able to work across subject disciplines
- Interested in developing the growth of every child – head, heart and hand
ABOUT SCHOOL 21:
- 4 to 18 mixed, inclusive school in the heart of Stratford, Newham
- Cutting edge pedagogy and curriculum
- Small - only 75 children in each year group
- We have plans to set up two new schools in close proximity to School 21 which will give staff more opportunities to grow and develop
- Outstanding career development and exceptional CPD
- Generous TLRs based on experience and skills
- The chance to network with outstanding practitioners and learn from the best
- Collaborative working across the 4 to 18 school
- Leadership training and development opportunities
- A strong feedback culture so that teachers can develop in areas of their practice that are important to them
- Every teacher being part of a team/circle that develops strategic practice
For more information see: www.school21.org.uk or e-mail Anne Shaker at email@example.com or call 020 8262 2121.
You can also contact Mr Travis - Lead of PE and Sport at School 21 for further information on the context of teaching at School 21. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
To apply please visit www.school21.org.uk
Apply by: Wednesday, 21st February 2018 at 9am
Likely interview date: Tuesday, 27th February 2018
School 21 is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding children.