THE STANWAY SCHOOL
TEACHER OF PE
Pay Range: Teachers Main/Upper Pay Scale
Start Date: 1st January 2022
We are seeking an outstanding individual to join our experienced team of teachers and carry out the functions of a teacher in accordance with the Teacher Standards and the stated aims and objectives of The Stanway School and the Department.
The position will suit an experienced or newly qualified teacher.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- In consultation with the Head of Department, to plan, design and produce teaching materials and resources which are appropriate to age and ability
- In accordance with scheme of work, plan, deliver and review lessons which are appropriate to the age and ability of the students so as to facilitate progression in students’ learning
- Assess, record and report on the development, progress and attainment of the students assigned to him or her
- Manage the classroom and teaching equipment so as to create a positive learning environment which makes effective use of available resources.
- Attend meetings, carry out administrative tasks and duties as specified in the Staff Handbook
(The full details can be found in the attached Job Outline and Person Specification).
We're looking for you if you have:
- Qualified Teacher Status.
- Ability to teach “outstanding” lessons in PE, including rugby, basketball and football.
- Knowledge of the OCR GCSE PE and OCR National Sports Science courses would be beneficial.
- Experience of supporting staff and students in maintaining high standards.
- Commitment to safeguarding and child protection
Why work for The Sigma Trust, The Stanway School?
We can offer you:
- A Competitive Salary
- Robust school CPD training programme that enables you to flourish
- Opportunities to work with colleagues across the Trust to share resources, ideas and build collaborative relationships
- Employee Benefits: Employee Assistance Programme, Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Discounted Gym Membership at selected local gyms
For additional information about the Trust and this school, please visit our website www.sigmatrust.org.uk
To apply for this post, please complete an application form, available from this website and return it to email@example.com .
Please note that only fully completed application forms will be accepted and any CV’s and accompanying covering letters will be disregarded. A Notes for Applicants document is attached for further information.
Closing date: Midnight Thursday 23rd September
Shortlisting will take place on Friday 24th September
Interviewing date TBC
The Sigma Trust is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our schools.
The Stanway School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years
Every student matters at The Stanway School. To be part of our staff community is to accept challenge as a daily experience, promote kindness as an integral part of developing young people’s personalities and to celebrate success for all. These form ...