Capital City Academy is seeking an inspirational PE teacher to join our strong and creative PE department from September 2021. PE is a key strength at Capital and at the forefront of leading innovative and engaging teaching and learning with exceptional levels of student leadership. We run professional Basketball and Football Academies and are the hub site for the School Sports Partnership and School games which opens up a wide range of additional opportunities for students, including Sports Leadership, coaching and Volunteering. Capital City Academy is also the London Hub for the programme with 10 young people currently employed within our local primary and secondary schools. Capital girls are also the face of this year’s “This Girl Can” campaign and our girls’ football teams are very successful both in Brent and national competitions.
The PE department is well established and highly successful and will provide a supportive environment for a teacher who wants to help grow the reputation and success of both PE and wider Sport at Capital and to work with an excellent, large, enthusiastic department. The successful candidate will be a strong teacher, be reflective and committed to extra-curricular provision and will share the school’s vision and the belief that Capital City Academy will provide an exceptional environment to promote a passion for learning and discovery, enabling all learners to succeed.
You will be:
- an inspirational female PE teacher
- passionate about sport and its contribution to student progress & development
- equipped to deliver strong classroom management
- a good communicator, with outstanding planning and organisational skills
- committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
We can offer you:
- The opportunity to work with excellent PE colleagues in a very strong team environment
- A school that has Sport as a specialism and places a huge value on all the sports supported by Trustees who are key players in and have good connections in the world of sport
- Discounted gym membership at Willesden Sports Centre opposite the school
- Excellent CPD provision
- A school that values wellbeing
- Inner London pay scales
- An area well served by public transport, plus ample car parking on site
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Candidates must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Please visit our website http://www.capitalcityacademy.org/1340/vacancies to view our Recruitment Information Pack.
HOW TO APPLY: If you would like to apply for this position, please upload your completed Application Form.
Applications to be received by the closing date of Friday 5th March at 12 noon - interviews will be held on Friday 12th March 2021.
FIND OUT MORE...
Capital City Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years