Established in 2005, Gulf British Academy is an independent, co-educational, fully accredited school that will be opening brand new premises in August 2020. We will be catering for pupils from Pre-KG to Year 8 and plan to add another Year level each year.
As such, we are seeking a qualified and experienced PE Teacher for Girls to join us and our team of Specialist Subject Teachers. In return for your service, we offer an excellent package for overseas, qualified employees that includes:
- A generous tax-free salary
- Annual flight allowance to and from your home country
- Furnished air-conditioned accommodation or housing allowance
- End-of-service indemnity
- Discounted tuition fees for employees bringing their children
What you offer
You are fully conversant with the PE English National Curriculum and can teach your subject Key Stages 2 and 3. You are a teacher who can reflect upon and adapt practice to raise attainment while instilling confidence and independence into our pupils (girls only).
- Qualified Teacher Status: A degree qualification in teaching (e.g. PGCE or Bachelor’s in Education).
- Expert knowledge of your subject area as evidenced by your passion and CPD for various pitch and court focused sports and activities.
- Recent UK teaching experience or international experience within a British curriculum-based, BSO-accredited school.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to inspire and build good relationships with pupils, parents and colleagues.
- A clean enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and/or police check.
- Your degree subject is in Physical Education or related sports science.
- Swimming teaching experience to assist the Swimming Instructor as and when required.
- Familiarity with initiatives such as Philosophy for Children and Growth Mindset.
- Comfortable using G Suite for Education (gmail, shared drives, forms, etc).
How to apply
Email your application directly to: email@example.com
Your email must include your:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Cover letter or letter of application
- Recent photograph
- Two referees (name, phone number, professional relationship to you)
Applications are considered upon receipt and should arrive no later than Thursday 25th February 2021. We reserve the right to interview at any point during the recruitment process so early applications are positively encouraged.
Interviews will be conducted by video-conference (Skype), telephone or in person if you are currently in Kuwait.
If you do not hear back from us after 5 working days, you should presume that you have not been successful on this occasion.
Gulf British Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Gulf British Academy
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 2.5 - 13 years