Full time, Permanent
Required for January 2020 or earlier
An opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic Teacher of Physical Education (Girls) to join our successful team at Sir John Talbot’s School. We are seeking an innovative and motivational teacher with excellent subject knowledge and the desire and commitment to raise achievement of students at all levels. The requirement will be to teach Physical Education up to GCSE, with the potential to teach at KS5. We are looking for a passionate and inspirational professional who would enjoy working in an exciting and rewarding environment and are prepared to contribute fully to school life. Applications are welcome from NQTs. Please note that you may be required to work across other schools in the Academy Trust if required.
In the Physical Education Department, we have:
• Superb facilities including full sized floodlit Astro turf, sports hall, gym, large playing fields, tennis courts and fitness suite
• A full extra-curricular programme with school teams in all ages
• Well-established successful GCSE and KS5 Physical Education courses
• An enthusiastic and supportive department team
• Hard working students with excellent kit and participation rates
• A range of technology to enhance teaching and learning
Sir John Talbot’s is a thriving school, dedicated to ensuring students feel fully supported in all that they do. Learning radiates well beyond the classroom, with a vast array of extra-curricular activities, trips and educational visits taking place each term. Facilities at the school are exceptional, providing students with access to state of the art ICT equipment, extensive sports facilities and fully equipped classrooms.
At Sir John Talbot’s School, we can offer:
• An ‘Outstanding’ curriculum offering students a strong core entitlement in English, Mathematics and Science
• A full extra-curricular programme with opportunities for enrichment activities for all
• Excellent resources and facilities
• An enthusiastic and supportive team of staff, parents and governors
• Hard working students
• An excellent opportunity to develop your career
• CPD opportunities
Our staff set the highest standards in behaviour and achievement for all students in a supportive environment in which children are treated as individuals. The curriculum is designed to provide everyone with choices at each stage in their development. We celebrate success and encourage all students to develop broader life skills, investing in the whole child. We are incredibly proud of the achievements of all our students and trust that you will feel the same as we work together to ensure the successful future for them.
If you are interested in the post and would like the opportunity to visit the school, or if you have any other queries, please email Mrs Hayley Burton, Headteacher’s PA email@example.com
For further information or to apply for the posts please visit our online recruitment site via the school’s website www.sirjohntalbots.co.uk (Please note we do not accept CVs).
Closing date for applications is midnight on Sunday 13 October 2019.
Interviews will be held on Monday 21 October 2019.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.