ACS (International) Background
ACS (International) Singapore is part of the prestigious ACS family of schools whose proud legacy reaches back to 1886. Opening our doors in 2005, ACS (International) is a secondary school (12 – 18 years old) that serves both Singaporean and international students, with a diverse mix of 30 nationalities. Academic outcomes are a critical area of performance for the school, in conjunction with strong holistic development of students. The school offers the IGCSE programme with approximately 180 students graduating each year with over 50% of all grades being A or A*. The school offers the IB Diploma programme with approximately 180 students graduating with an average IB score of 36, including perfect scores of 45. Graduates attend universities across the globe, including Oxbridge and Ivy league universities.
ACS (International) is an Accredited Member of the Council for International Schools.
ACS (International) is looking for an exceptional person, a qualified teacher who has a passion for teaching and is able to motivate students to achieve their full potential. We believe that collaboration and enjoyment is paramount to teaching and learning. Therefore, we are looking to appoint an individual who is a team player, enthusiastic and creative.
The start date is preferably end Dec 2021, or by arrangement.
We are looking for someone who:
- is a qualified teacher, preferably in Sports Science;
- will be able to teach senior levels and have had teaching experience with IGCSE and/or IBDP, or its equivalent like GCE ‘O’ and ‘A’ Level;
- is passionate about teaching and helping students reach their full potential;
- can work well in a team while contributing ideas and sharing course materials;
- has the ability to inspire young people from all backgrounds;
- can prioritise responsibilities in a fast-paced work environment;
- has a good sense of humour;
- respects that the school is founded on and adheres to Christian (Methodist) values;
- a professionally stimulating environment, working alongside motivated colleagues from around the world;
- continuing professional development;
- competitive salary;
Applications to firstname.lastname@example.org must be accompanied by a covering letter, a C.V., a completed application form and names (including contact details and email addresses) of two referees (with at least one of them is/was your reporting officer).
Full details including an application form are available on our school website: www.acsinternational.edu.sg
Closing Date: 30 September 2021
ACS (International) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and other third parties to share this commitment. Safe recruitment practice and pre-employment background checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. Appointment is subject to a background check and/or criminal/police or equivalent background checks for all other countries inhabited (irrespective of whether you worked in those countries).
ACS (International) Singapore
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 12 - 18 years