To inspire, encourage and empower our students to achieve their very best in the subject of PE.
Surbiton High Girls Preparatory School is part of United Learning, a large and growing group of schools aiming to offer a life changing education to children and young people across England. Schools within United Learning work as a team and achieve more by sharing than any single school could. Our intranet site, United Hub, is just one example of how we share resource and communicate across sites, helping to simplify work processes and manage workloads for an improved work-life balance. We reward our staff: with good career opportunities, better pay, benefits, and ultimately the satisfaction of supporting schools in their quest to give every child the opportunity to succeed and reach their full potential.
- Create a challenging and stimulating climate that will motivate pupils to learn, think independently, take risks, empathise with others, and perform to the best of their abilities
- Undertake the preparation, marking and report writing, in line with the School policies, required to ensure that pupils achieve the highest possible standards
- Contribute to the organisation and running of co-curricular and enrichment activities
- Teach co-curricular sporting activities, before and after School
- Give children of all abilities success and enjoyment and the opportunity to participate in competitive situations and co-curricular activities
- Attend relevant CPD training each year
- Ensure that all programmes of study and teaching strategies fulfil the requirements of the National Curriculum and the high expectations of the School
The successful candidate will be likely to fit the following profile:
- Good Honours degree
- Experienced netball coach with at least a Level 2 coaching qualification would be desirable
- Have played netball to Regional, but preferably Premier League level would be desirable
- The ability to inspire, motivate and support pupils and colleagues in a successful and dynamic school
- A proven track record of delivering on academic performance
- Evidence of successful, inspiring and innovative teaching at all levels
- Up-to-date knowledge of successful and innovative teaching and the latest curriculum developments and initiatives
- High levels of personal and professional integrity and an ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality
- Personal warmth to gain the confidence of pupils, staff and parents
- Ability to communicate concisely and sensitively, both orally and in writing, to a variety of audiences
- Positive, enthusiastic and energetic approach to life
- Committed to Surbiton High Schools ethos and strategic vision
Surbiton High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please note that the School reserves the right to appoint at any stage during the recruitment process.
For any queries relating to the role or your application, please email email@example.com
Please apply online by clicking on the following link: https://unitedlearning.current-vacancies.com/Jobs/Advert/1151292?cid=1567
Closing date: 8:00am, Wednesday 21 February
Interview to be held week commencing: 26 February 2018
Where teaching is better shared
United Learning comprises: UCST (Registered in England No: 2780748. Charity No. 1016538) and ULT (Registered in England No. 4439859. An Exempt Charity). Companies limited by guarantee. VAT number 834 8515 12. Registered address: United Learning, Worldwide House, Thorpe Wood, Peterborough, PE3 6SB.