Teacher of Performing Arts
Fixed-term – Maternity cover commencing March 2019
Closing date for applications: 4th January 2019
We welcome both applicants with and without Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) to apply for this position.
£25,750 - £39,964 per annum (with QTS)
£17,124 - £27,082 per annum (without QTS)
“The Victory Academy is GOOD in all areas”
“Achievement has risen over the last three years” Ofsted October 2017
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is the best performing Multi Academy Trust for KS4 progress
We require a Teacher of Performing Arts, preferably with a Dance specialism to cover for the maternity leave of our Dance Specialist. However, we would additionally be interested to receive applications from Teachers of Music/Drama/Performing Arts who could work with the existing team to cover the needs of the Academy. Please specify your specialisms and experience in your application.
We are a mixed Comprehensive School for 11-19 year old students of all ability ranges, where everyone works and learns within its caring and supportive environment.
We are privileged to work in a stunning learning environment with excellent resources. The Academy is focused on providing an education for all. Our belief is that each person is unique – every member of our community has gifts and talents that we seek to grow and channel. Our job is to find and foster these for all. We offer a broad and balanced curriculum geared towards ensuring that our students will be dynamic members of society when they leave the Academy.
The Victory Academy was officially opened in September 2015 and is sponsored by The Thinking Schools Academy Trust (TSAT).
View our latest video to gain an insight into The Victory Academy
We can offer you:
- Minimum starting salary £25,750 for all NQTs
- Revised Teacher Payscale to retain and reward excellent teachers
- A newly built school with a stunning teaching environment and state of the art technology
- Outstanding CPD tailored to you, wherever you are in your career
- Support from across the Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits
- Access to the New Horizons Teaching Alliance, offering a wide range of robust and innovatory development resources and expertise
- Reduced membership of a fully-equipped fitness suite and classes – located on the site of Holcombe Grammar School
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
- Onsite parking free of charge
- We are looking to recruit a talented and enthusiastic teacher of Dance (Alternatives considered - Performing Arts, Music, Drama)
The ideal candidate will:
- Be able to consistently deliver good or outstanding practice
- Be experienced in planning an appropriate and challenging curriculum
- Have a thorough knowledge of present curriculum developments, particularly those relating to Dance & Performing Arts
- Be an inspiring teacher with real enthusiasm for the subject
- Be able to motivate his/her pupils
- Be committed to high standards for both staff and students
- Be prepared to contribute to the extra-curricular life of the Academy
- Have excellent knowledge/experience of teaching Dance and/or Performing Arts
- Qualified Teacher Status would be desirable
A tour of The Academy is highly recommended. To arrange, please call 03333 602140. Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.