Teacher of Performing Arts (Drama/Music) - Maternity Cover
Salary: Competitive salary offered based on skills and experience
Contracts: maternity cover
Hours: Full Time
Start Date: January 2018
Are you interested in working in a dynamic and innovative school to make a difference for children? Do you want to help influence our future as part of an ambitious, dedicated and enterprising team? Can you add value and bring energy and expertise that will give us capacity to develop as the school grows?
We are seeking to appoint a creative and inspirational individual who can offer a fantastic learning experience to students in KS3/4 during a colleague’s maternity cover, nurture our students’ unique talents and sustain the wider Performing and Expressive Arts Dimension across the school.
The successful candidate will be:
- A good or outstanding teacher.
- An exceptional NQT.
- Passionate about developing the whole child and understand the wider and cultural contribution of Performing Arts.
- Unrelenting in their belief of the unlimited potential of children
- Up-to-date with curriculum developments in both Drama and Music specifications at KS3 and GCSE (Edexcel).
- Excited by the opportunities presented by different pedagogies and technologies to develop Projects.
About the school:
- Inclusive multicultural 11 – 16 Free School located in East London
- Leading edge pedagogy and a personalised curriculum
- Competitive salaries based on experience and skills.
- The chance to work with leading educationalists and organisations to bring Project Based Learning to the Drama and Music curriculum.
- Leadership training and opportunities in a relatively new Free School
- A supportive and vibrant professional community that genuinely feels like a team.
We are looking to appoint a dynamic, inspiring and well-qualified Teacher who has a track record of excellence in the classroom to provide maternity cover between January and July 2019. A large part of the role will involve taking Year 11 students through to their GCSE Drama and Music exams in summer 2019.
The successful candidate will foster a cultural appreciation as part of a broad and balanced curriculum and secure a reputation of excellence in Performing Arts which nurtures students’ individual artistic talents and presents them with the opportunity to build student confidence and presentation skills through performances. They will be an inspirational role model for innovative approaches to teaching, the digital technologies and life-long learning, and share in our commitment to the education of the whole child.
Visits to the school are warmly welcome as are informal discussions with our Head, Mr Gary Nelson. Please contact the school on 020 3597 3970 or via email email@example.com if you wish to arrange either of these. The closing date for applications is Friday 12th October 2018 (9am), with interviews scheduled the following week. For an application pack please email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the school website. Wapping High is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All successful candidates will be required to undertake a criminal DBS check.
Wapping High School is committed to the protection and safety of its students and to promoting their welfare. To that end identity, enhanced DBS and medical checks will be required from the successful applicant. The school is also an employer committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications regardless of age, gender or ethnicity.
Your written application
We hope that after reading the information pack you will want to apply for the post advertised.
If you wish to proceed, please return the completed application form together with a supporting statement, addressing the Person Specification. Please also complete and return the enclosed disclosure and equal opportunities monitoring forms.
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com by 19 October 2018 at 9am.
If you would like to visit the school please contact Taysha Morgan by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date Friday 12 October 2018 at 9am
Shortlisting Monday 15 October 2018
Interview Days Week beginning 15 October 2018