Teacher of Physics
Apply by noon on Monday 26th February 2018,
We are seeking to appoint an ambitious and inspirational teacher of Physics to join our high performing Science Learning Area. This is an exciting time to join St Wilfrid's. As an Academy we are forward thinking, yet hold tight to firm educational values which brings about examination success. We have recently launched a 1:1 mobile device scheme where every student in KS3 and KS4 their own iPad. This innovation alongside an Immersive classroom space and iMac suite, ensures teaching staff have the opportunity to utilise technology to inspire, enthuse and capture learning to bring about success.
The successful applicant will:
• Be passionate about teaching Physics;
• Be able to raise achievement through motivating, challenging and inspiring our students;
• Have a commitment to inclusion through fostering a culture of high expectation and achievement within the Learning Area;
• Have drive, enthusiasm, resilience, warmth and humour; • Contribute to the wider life and distinctive ethos of the Academy.
St Wilfrid’s is a popular and oversubscribed 11-18 Church of England Mark 2 Academy committed to providing an excellent education, both academic and social, within a Christian context. It is located close to the Ribble Valley and has excellent road links with the M6, M61 and M65.
• An Academy where results exceed the national average
• Highly resourced with purpose-built facilities
• A caring, Christian community where standards are high and students thrive
• An Academy driven by strong values with a Christian ethos which permeates all levels
We would welcome applications from experienced or newly qualified teachers. Visits to the Academy are welcomed and encouraged.
For further information or an informal discussion about the post or to arrange a visit, please contact the Academy. Alternatively please visit our website www.saintwilfrids.co.uk for more information. Full details are available on the Academy website, or by email from email@example.com. Alternatively, please contact the Academy office on 01254 604000. Apply by noon on Monday 26th February 2018. Potential applicants should note that a full Disclosure and Barring Service check will be carried out before an appointment can be confirmed. The successful applicant will also be required to undertake training in the Academy’s Child Protection and Safeguarding procedures on appointment.