We are a successful grammar school for students aged 11-18 with a long standing reputation for being a supportive and caring environment in which to teach and learn. We are the best performing boys’ grammar school in Medway.
We have seen significant developments in recent years and much investment in facilities including three new science laboratories and a fully equipped gymnasium installed in 2016. As part of the Thinking Schools Academy Trust we aim to guide our students to become successful, well rounded and confident individuals with the ability to achieve their personal best.
What you will get from Holcombe Grammar School:
- Work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos
- Vast support network from senior leaders and other teachers within the school and our trust.
- Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning - proven to enhance classroom practice
- Outstanding CPD tailored to you, wherever you are in your career
- Support from across the Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits
- Access to the New Horizons Teaching Alliance, offering a wide range of robust and innovatory development resources and expertise
- Reduced membership of a fully-equipped fitness suite and classes – located on the site of Holcombe Grammar School
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
- Childcare vouchers enabling eligible staff to pay for childcare in a tax efficient way
- Free parking onsite
- Opportunity to work in a campus of well-appointed buildings centred around the historic Holcombe Manor
- Easy access to M2, M20 and M25
After the school’s 'Good' Ofsted judgement in November 2014, Holcombe Grammar School has continued to make rapid progress towards becoming one of the most successful grammar schools in the South-East. The Science department has transformed over the last few years. The Physics department has transformed over the last few years, moving from 44% A*/A in 2014 to 88% A*/A in 2016 combined with a significant improvement at A level leading to ALPS 3 in 2016. This improvement has been a result of fostering a strong work ethic within the students combined with a high standard of teaching within the classroom. The department is looking for someone to build of this strong foundation and further develop our students as they become independent, responsible risk takers.
What you will need to succeed:
The successful candidate will be an outstanding, student-centred classroom practitioner possessing a depth of subject knowledge and able to inspire and enthuse our wonderful, intelligent students. He or she will be fully acquainted with the demands and requirements of the new KS4 and KS5 curricula. Very importantly, our new colleague will wish to become part of the team that leads Holcombe Grammar School from Good to Outstanding and will be willing to do all that it takes to get us there.
As part of The Thinking Schools Academy Trust, we benefit from working cohesively as a family of schools for the benefit of our children, and for the adults who work here too. The Trust supports with planning, trips, events, CPD and much more to ensure that all of our teachers are fully supported, enabling them to ensure that they can deliver the best learning that we can offer. Our mission is to “transform life chances”; at The Thinking Schools Academy Trust we believe education has the power to change lives and children only have one chance to get this right. To ensure all our academies focus on our mission school leaders translated our mission to core values that would be demonstrated and evident in all our Academies:
Child First, Aspire, Challenge, Achieve
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working in our school, benefitting from a supportive network of teachers across our large academy and our Trust and you are keen to progress your career, then please apply today! We strongly encourage any teachers who may be interested in working at our school to contact the school to book a no-pressure tour and to meet some of our staff. We also encourage any early applications and we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if we suitable candidate is found.
If this position as a Teacher of Science at Holcombe Grammar School is not quite right for you, but you would be interested for any other positions within our Trust please contact Wendy Tanner to ensure that you are added to our talent pool and considered for any future positions.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.