Applications are invited from well qualified and highly motivated colleagues with a minimum of four years full time teaching experience in high achieving schools who can demonstrate a proven record of outstanding teaching and learning and secure understanding of the National Curriculum, GCSE/IGCSE and A level/IB Diploma.
Applicants are expected to be working currently in a high attaining school and have experience of teaching GCSE/IGCSE Science and A Level/IB Diploma Physics.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate:-
- An innovative and creative approach to providing an outstanding education beyond the Curriculum
- The ability to inspire, challenge, support and empower students and colleagues towards excellence
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish good working relationships across the school community
- Excellent communication in English (written and spoken) and presentation skills
- Commitment to a Foundation to Year 13 school philosophy with the highest levels of pastoral care
- An understanding of the importance of continuing and enhancing the strong links already in place with Preparatory/Senior colleagues to ensure a seamless curriculum and transition from Preparatory to Senior
Recent UK experience and knowledge of UK independent sector schools is desirable but not essential.
Applicants will have strong ICT skills and a proven ability to use technology to support learning.
Kellett is a through-train school from Reception to Year 13 with two preparatory campuses and one senior campus. Student roll currently 1421; Senior 620; KLB Prep 320; PFL Prep 481
Kellett offers a truly outstanding education, evidenced by a BSO Inspection, membership of HMC and IAPS, as well as exceptional public examination results
Applications close: 18 April 2021 (12.00pm GMT)
Kellett School reserves the right to appoint to this position at any time during the recruitment process.
Applicants, who have not been contacted by 30 April 2021, can assume that on this occasion they have been unsuccessful and are sincerely thanked by the Association for their interest.
Kellett School - The British International School in Hong Kong is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Kellett School is an equal opportunity employer and as such treats all job applicants and staff with equal respect free from unjustifiable discrimination. We particularly welcome applications from under-represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
Personal data is being collected for Human Resources purposes, including assessing your suitability for the post for which you are applying. The data will be used by Kellett School and the Board of Governors. If you wish to access any personal data held by Kellett School, please contact the HR Manager. If your application is unsuccessful the personal data you supply will be retained for one year, at the end of which time it will be destroyed.
Further information on the position, and online application process, is available through the school web site:
Kellett School (Kowloon Bay Prep and Senior)
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 18 years
Kellett School, the British International School in Hong Kong, established in 1976, offers an exceptional education comparable to prominent independent schools in the UK. We are proud to be one of Hong Kong’s leading international schools, a reputati...