This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented, ambitious professional to join our existing teaching team within our expanding 6th Form. It offers the successful candidate an excellent opportunity to promote learning and achievement and to contribute to the success and development of our school community.
The successful candidate will be:
· A highly motivated, enthusiastic and confident teacher who enjoys delivering high quality, creative lessons and inspires students to succeed in Sociology and Psychology at A Level.
· Able to secure high standards of engagement, progress and achievement for all students.
· An inspiring practitioner who keeps abreast of the latest developments in learning and teaching.
· Able and willing to make a full contribution to the life of the school community.
· Eager to become a supportive Form Tutor.
The Westgate School offers:
· Great facilities and resources and is currently undergoing an expansion programme, due to being heavily oversubscribed
· A friendly and supportive staff who are always happy to help each other and share good practice
· Strong support from line managers and SLT
· A strong CPD programme and the opportunity to deliver as well as receive training
· Access to a middle leader development programme
· Excellent career opportunities and progression, particularly as the school grows
· Dedicated NQT support including your own subject mentor, school NQT coach and reduced teaching timetable
· Simply Health Cash Plan for all teaching and support staff
· Free tea and coffee
This is an exciting time to join The Westgate School as our new buildings and expanding student numbers will bring new opportunities for us all. We are passionate about ensuring that our students are #equippedforlife, through our innovative curriculum and the wide range of experiences we provide for them. We are very proud to serve our local community and believe very strongly in our values.
The Westgate School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undertake child protection screening, including an enhanced DBS and past employer checks. We are an equal opportunities employer.
If you believe that The Westgate School is for you then please do visit our career site where you can learn more about us. You are welcome to contact us if you would like to arrange a visit. If you are interested in joining us then please complete the TES application form.