Owned and operated by the United Church in Jamaica and the Cayman Islands Cayman Prep and High School is a private, co-educational Christian school with over 970 students ranging from Kindergarten to Year 13 and offers a British-based international curriculum leading to IGCSE / GCSE and A-level qualifications. The school is renowned for providing a stimulating learning environment in which our students become critical, creative thinkers, responsible citizens and lifelong learners. This is evident in our consistent record of outstanding academic achievements, pastoral care and wide range of extra-curricular activities.
The High School invites applications from fully qualified, enthusiastic and experienced candidates to join our high-performing teaching team in August 2019 for the following positions: TEACHER OF PSYCHOLOGY
The successful candidate must have a minimum of two to three years’ current experience teaching the required Psychology curriculum at A level and must have a degree in Psychology. In addition, the successful applicant must have a degree in Psychology and an internationally recognized teaching qualification, such as a Postgraduate Certificate in Education or a Bachelor of Education in
the relevant subject area.
In addition to the requirements listed for the positions above each successful candidate must be:
- An excellent classroom practitioner with creative and innovative ideas, committed to achieving high academic standards and passionate about creating a stimulating and student-centered learning environment
- Enthusiastic and knowledgeable about the English National Curriculum
- Willing to be involved in a wide range of school-related activities
- Fully proficient in using Management Information Systems, such as SIMS and Microsoft Office products, especially MS Word and Excel
- Willing to fully adhere to and support the Christian ethos of the school
Prior experience teaching in a multicultural environment is essential
Salary range for the positions listed above is: CI$ 39,000 to $55,000 per annum commensurate with experience based on the School’s point salary scale. Other benefits include medical insurance and contribution to a pension plan and relocation allowance, including airfare.
Further information about the school can be viewed on the school website www.cayprep.edu.ky.
APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE CONSIDERED IF SUBMITTED ON THE RELEVANT APPLICATION FORM (available on the website) and forwarded along with a covering letter and CV to:
Mr. Karl Murphy, High School Principal
P.O. Box 10013
Grand Cayman KY1-1001
Deadline for receipt of applications: March 18, 2019