This is a superb opportunity for someone who has a degree in psychology or closely related subject, to join our dynamic and innovative school. The role would suit an enthusiastic and pedagogically creative experienced teacher or NQT, who is excited about being part of a team who have had outstanding success since introducing A Level psychology in September 2013.
The right candidate will answer ‘yes’ to the following questions:
· Do students leave your lessons inspired and enthused?
· Are you passionate about teaching and learning?
· Do you have experience of teaching A Level?
We are an outstanding school rated excellent in all ISI inspection categories and can offer:
· Exceptional education delivered by a dedicated team of teachers with first-rate resources
· Excellent support and professional development opportunities
· Inclusive and thriving community spirit
· Accommodation onsite (for selected staff)
· The opportunity to become involved with the busy and varied co-curricular programme available to students
· A beautiful working environment located on the bank of the River Thames, free lunch and evening meal when on duty, contributory teachers’ pension scheme, gym facilities and open-air swimming pool during summer months
We welcome applications from candidates with:
· A passion for teaching and learning
· The ability to motivate and inspire
· A creative and professional approach
· High expectations of students, driven to help them achieve their potential
· The ambition to take pupils on a journey to greatness
· Exceptional team skills
· An ability to teach a second subject
NQTs, who will be supported by a mentor and a “buddy”, are welcome to apply alongside those with more experience.
Informal pre-application discussions and visits are welcome; please call Moya Flynn on 01189 405218. A job/person specification will be available on our website from Monday www.shiplake.org.uk/vacancies
Alternatively, the documents can be downloaded below.
Closing Date: Tuesday 23 February at 10.00am
Interviews: Thursday 1 and Friday 2 March