Teacher of A Level Psychology
Part Time (0.5 FTE) Permanent
SGB Full Time Pay Scale £22,917 - £33,163 (negotiable according to experience)
Required from January 2019 (or Easter 2019)
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic teacher of A Level Psychology to join our school. The successful candidate will have a firm commitment to raising whole-school achievement; have a professional approach to staff development; high expectations; and a determination to succeed. The school is at an exciting point in its development and enjoying considerable success in public exams at all levels. We are looking to appoint a forward thinking, able professional to join the school in its continuing development. This post would suit any well-qualified and ambitious teacher of Psychology. We are hoping to add GCSE Psychology to our curriculum offer in the future too, so this may be of interest to you.
At Sir Graham Balfour we offer:
- A friendly, highly supportive and well-motivated staff, who embrace willingly a culture of professional development.
- An ever growing reputation in the local community which has resulted in the school being consistently oversubscribed in an area where student rolls have been falling. • A very positive climate for learning.
- A first rate learning environment. We are housed in buildings completed in 2002 and financed via a PFI initiative.
- Innovative 14-19 collaboration and an increasing roll at KS5.
- A commitment to inclusive practice.
- The school is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of all students and as such all applicants will be submitted for an enhanced DBS check.
- Applications can only be accepted if submitted on the enclosed formal application form.
- Two references will be required, one of which must be from your most recent employer.
- We confirm our commitment to equality of opportunity in all areas of our work.
- All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.
Visits to the school are strongly recommended and can be arranged by contacting Mrs Vicki McKeen (details below).
For an application pack, please access our website, www.sirgrahambalfour.co.uk or contact Mrs Vicki McKeen, Headteacher’s PA, on firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01785 223490.
The closing date for applications is: 1.30pm on Friday 16th November 2018. Please return completed applications to email@example.com Shortlisting for this post will take place by Monday 19th November and successful applicants will be contacted no later than 3.20pm on the same day.
If you have not heard from us by this time, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.
Interviews will take place w/c 19th November.