Surbiton High School’s dynamic outstanding Science Department seeks a Teacher of Psychology who is passionate about inspiring, encouraging and empowering our pupils in the subject.
Surbiton High School is a friendly and vibrant community where people matter, results count and where a passion for excellence drives everything we do. Our inspirational staff are dedicated to creating an intellectually rigorous and challenging academic environment, making Surbiton High School a place where a passion and energy abound, a school with a real heart and soul, where we look beyond the A* to offer a breadth of opportunity which allows every pupil and staff member to flourish.
· Possess and maintain a deep and secure knowledge of the subject of Psychology and the pedagogy associated with its teaching.
· Create a challenging and stimulating classroom climate that will motivate pupils to learn, think independently, take risks, empathise with others, and perform to the best of their abilities.
· Support every pupil in his/her learning, making him/her feel included, secure and valued.
· Be consistent, fair and create an atmosphere of mutual trust and respect.
· Be aware of the learning needs of the pupils you teach and ensure that each pupil is given every opportunity to fulfil his/her potential.
The successful candidate will be likely to fit the following profile:
· Good Honours degree
· A postgraduate teaching qualification (QTS desirable but not essential)
· Evidence of further relevant professional development would be an advantage
· The ability to teach Psychology at A-level
· The ability to lead, inspire, motivate and support pupils and colleagues
· Have a vision for and the ability to translate the Surbiton High School strategy into reality
· The ability to work in a leadership team in a successful and dynamic School
· A proven track record of delivering on academic performance
· Experience of teaching A-level Psychology and preferably Edexcel
· Evidence of successful, inspiring and innovative teaching at all levels
· Experience of leading and collaborating with colleagues
· Up-to-date knowledge of successful and innovative teaching and the latest curriculum developments and initiatives
· High levels of personal and professional integrity and the ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality
· Committed to the Surbiton High School’s ethos
· High expectations for pupil attainment, personal development and conduct
· Committed to representing the strategic vision for the School
Surbiton High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please note that the School reserves the right to appoint at any stage during the recruitment process.
For any queries relating to the role or your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please apply online by clicking on the following: https://unitedlearning.current-vacancies.com/Jobs/Advert/1376133?cid=1567
Closing Date: Interviews may be held on an ad hoc basis, so please submit your application asap. The final deadline will be 8:00am , 20 September 2018.
Interviews to be held week commencing: 24 September 2018
Where support is better shared
United Learning comprises: UCST (Registered in England No: 2780748. Charity No. 1016538) and ULT (Registered in England No. 4439859. An Exempt Charity). Companies limited by guarantee. VAT number 834 8515 12. Registered address: United Learning, Worldwide House, Thorpe Wood, Peterborough, PE3 6SB.